Raging Daughters theme park

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: Raging Daughters theme park

Post by DinkyInky »

I see a Joker-esque pratfall in the near future with all this talk about bananas.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:I see a Joker-esque pratfall in the near future with all this talk about bananas.
Just watch your step, and don't wear...
Slippers.jpg
Slippers.jpg (16.24 KiB) Viewed 23556 times
slippers :lol:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Jabberwonky wrote:slippers :lol:
Walkin' around in my banana shoes....

EDIT!! Repaired quote. :|
Last edited by MerchManDan on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

MerchManDan wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:slippers :lol:
For some reason without looking at the link, I hear that to the tune of, " No particular place to go".
Last edited by DinkyInky on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

DinkyInky wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:[quote="Jabberwonky]slippers :lol:
[/quote]For some reason without looking at the link, I hear that to the tune of, " No particular place to go".[/quote][/quote][/quote]
for me, it was the theme song to a kids show "Bananas in Pajamas!"
... i have no clue as to where the show is from or when it aired, but i just remember seeing a clip with the two actors dressed up as bananas, and them walking down a set of stairs singing the theme song ...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

scantrontb wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:[quote="Jabberwonky]slippers :lol:
For some reason without looking at the link, I hear that to the tune of, " No particular place to go".[/quote][/quote][/quote]
for me, it was the theme song to a kids show "Bananas in Pajamas!"
... i have no clue as to where the show is from or when it aired, but i just remember seeing a clip with the two actors dressed up as bananas, and them walking down a set of stairs singing the theme song ...[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]Sad part is, a relative of mine worked on that, and I have not been able to find it on DVD. It was a really cute kids show.

--Safyr Drathmir
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And meanwhile, I'm singing "Tra-la-la, La la-la-laaa..."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

jwhouk wrote:Over Mesa Verde?
I thought it was "Over Macho Grande?"

"No, I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande."
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

C'mon, work with me here, it's been decades since I first saw the film.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

jwhouk wrote:And meanwhile, I'm singing "Tra-la-la, La la-la-laaa..."
Tra la la La la la laaaaa!

--Safyr Drathmir
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Jabberwonky wrote:Ooh! Frozen Fermented Banana Daiquiri onna stick!

:D
Innit spos'd to be "onna steeck?"
:mrgreen:
Dragon Hostler

Post by Dragon Hostler »

Wasn't it; "Nacho-Grande"?

"Atsali's Zipline" ride with a sprung launching mechanism for a fast takeoff.

The "Haunted U-boat".
I've been in a preserved WWII sub in Galveston. USS Cavalla (SS-244)
Clean and neat they can be creepy and very claustrophopic, even knowing it was out of the water.
Not hard at all to make one downright scary.

"The Wormhole Waterslide" Very dark [but not completely] enclosed tube with 3 or more alternate mystery exits. Just thought of it, so it still has some engineering bugs to work out. Not sure if its' even applicable here but I like it.

The "Very Evil Dr. Custard" stands
Born Again Heathen
Hostling dragons is similar to hostling horses, but ya need a bigger shovel, oh, and bigger nose plugs. Don't forget the nose plugs!
Dragon Hostler

Post by Dragon Hostler »

Some sort of Tepoztecal shooting gallery or baseball throw midway booth.
Maybe something like Beer Pong.

Tepoz plushies and concrete lawn ornaments, both as souvenirs and midway prizes.
Turn in the scratchoff tag on his bottom for a free drink.

Acacia's golfball throw. Accuracy would be OK but digital speed traps would be cooler.
Faster the throw, better the prize, souvenir data printout of course.
Born Again Heathen
Hostling dragons is similar to hostling horses, but ya need a bigger shovel, oh, and bigger nose plugs. Don't forget the nose plugs!
Dragon Hostler

Post by Dragon Hostler »

Just thought of another one.

Tepoz in a flytrap pinatas. [I laughed so hard I almost spit-up when I saw that one<G>]
Possibly a midway game, definitely a game prize and souvenirs.
Naturally, for an adult party the pinata can be loaded with some one-shot liquor bottles.
Born Again Heathen
Dave

Post by Dave »

Dragon Hostler wrote:Just thought of another one.

Tepoz in a flytrap pinatas. [I laughed so hard I almost spit-up when I saw that one<G>]
The hanging-upside-down-and-tied-up Tepoz? Pinata is good... or perhaps have him swinging back and forth as a target in the cork-shooting gallery. Tepoz plushies would be the prize, of course.

I like your wormhole waterslide (although it might have to wait until Paul gives us a place in the canon storyline into which it fits). The three-exit idea is neat and tricky but I agree that the engineering could be difficult. You don't want to just have the tunnel split into two or three partway through... think of the "your two legs decide to go in two different directions" rider-bisection potential... ouch! We'd need some sort of path-steering mechanism which can be operated to choose a random exit path, and which operates well before the rider reaches it and can be securely locked down when people are actually going through.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Dave wrote:
Dragon Hostler wrote: We'd need some sort of path-steering mechanism which can be operated to choose a random exit path, and which operates well before the rider reaches it and can be securely locked down when people are actually going through.
how about a large-ish circular funnel-like room that you enter from the rim kinda like a roulette wheel, or those charity coin well thingies where you set a coin vertically on it's edge on a little ramp at the top outer edge, then let go. as it rolls down the ramp it is aligned for a circular orbit around the surface of a curved funnel and as it gets lower in the funnel, it speeds up till it's rotating almost horizontally before gravity overcomes it's friction against the side of the funnel neck, and it looses it's grip on the narrowest, lowest part of the funnel, then it drops off into the collection bin...for this though, it would open into the 3 exits, with gates across them that are also part of the exit-path tube, when you enter at the top (one at a time of course) as you swirl around and around getting lower and lower in the funnel, one of the three or more door flaps open and all the water plus you goes out that flap, then a short time after you pass thru it, it re-closes and is reset for the next person. in the time between people, the water would just drain out the very very bottom and get pumped back to the the rest of the system. you could have it open when the victim... um, i mean guest... yeah that's it, GUEST is about half way down the funnel, that way they can SEE where the are going to go, and get prepared for it... but as they have lost all reference points to where they came in from up at the top, due to the lights flashing and color schemes, they're a bit disoriented and can't really tell WHICH one of the three it is.

alternatively, you could have a "Y" set up, that has a sliding central section. the inlet has only one pipe, of course, but there are three outlet paths, with a central, sliding (or rotating) portion that has short sections of curved pipes built in that when the slider is all the way to the left it routes you to the far RIGHT hand exit tube, when in the center it just shoots you straight thru, and when at the far right, it curves you to the far LEFT exit tube. the whole thing would slide back and forth in a framework that supports and strengthens it during the stresses of people passing thru it, then after they are thru, it shifts pathing for the next person. this would be a pretty tough thing to build if the requirements for guest throughput is high, as large strong thing, plus the water inside it, usually have high mass, and that takes some serious oomph! to move around rapidly, as well as ACCURATELY so you don't have the two tubes not line up correctly... ouchy! the other design has less moving parts, but has the extreme size of it's footprint, and the hinges of the flaps/doors themselves that have to be engineered to be smooth for people passing over them at high speeds without hurting them...

OR.. i just thought of this while rereading my post... how about combining them!, you get the swirrley room, then when you're about halfway down, the very bottom of the funnel rotates around to swap out exit tubes from one to another pathways, it would solve the hinge problem as you are passing thru a pipe, but you would still have to ensure accuracy of alignment, and it would also get rid of the "extra" two tube setups that are not used all the time, but still act against the system for their mass, in favor of just the single tube that rotates to face the exit paths. THAT could be easily engineered for the stresses and braced accordingly, and there isn't any "extra" water to be pumped around either, the water that's in the pipe as you enter is the same water that will be with you when you leave it too.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Scantronb, you should design deathtraps for evil lairs and such professionaly. You could make a killing.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dragon Hostler

Post by Dragon Hostler »

"The hanging-upside-down-and-tied-up Tepoz? Pinata is good... or perhaps have him swinging back and forth as a target in the cork-shooting gallery. Tepoz plushies would be the prize, of course."

Yeah, Monica wrapped him in a flystrip. Like the annoying little insect that he be.
The swinging target idea is good.

The Tepoz based prize and souvenir ideas are numerous.

Y'all have spent more thought on the wormhole waterslide idea than I have.
One should avoid a design that makes you feel like you're in a flushing toilet, at least not at Raging Daughters. [The Mario Bros. Plumbers Nightmare perhaps?]
Probably the easiest but not most attractive idea is a Russian Roulette system. I've been on some slides that instead of sitting on the slide apron then pushing off, which is time consuming, you walk into a vertical cylinder, then the operator opens the trap door. Faster loading and faster takeoff, plus you're typically able to face an audience at the moment of truth. So now you rack multiple cylinders and rotate them over several tubes... Say, anticipation mounts as you rotate past the tamer slides on your way to the big douche. Not as good as getting randomized in the dark IMO, but you have a very high usage rate, with only one operator station.
Born Again Heathen
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Dragon Hostler wrote: So now you rack multiple cylinders and rotate them over several tubes... Say, anticipation mounts as you rotate past the tamer slides on your way to the big douche. Not as good as getting randomized in the dark IMO, but you have a very high usage rate, with only one operator station.
The Big Douche!
Fun for the Whole Family

Yeah -- I'd stand in line for that one....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

shadowinthelight wrote:Scantronb, you should design deathtraps for evil lairs and such professionaly. You could make a killing.
you think THAT'S evil... ha!, i got nothin' on the guys n gals that did the Grimtooth's Traps series... here's a wiki link that has the titles of all of them, look for the one's that say "Grimtooth's", the other ones are just the other stuff that company did and are not trap compilations.

now THAT'S evil!...