Jabberwonky took the bait:Dave wrote:I'm envisioning the entrance to a new Wapsi Square theme/adventure park.jwhouk wrote:Now THAT is Monica Hulk!
On one side, a Hulkish statue of Monica, glyph alight, wrapped in her Dark Phoenix fury.
On the other, a statue of Shelly, half-transformed into a sphinx, whirling and slashing. Exploded punching bag in evidence behind her.
Over the entrance, a sign written in Paul's signature Wapsi Square font:
Truly wonderful! Jabber, I think you definitely have an alternative career ahead of you as a short-order graphics cook, if you want it when you get back from Over There!Jabberwonky wrote:The promotional flyers are out...
The Shelly maquette isn't painted yet and the flame jets have yet to be installed in Monica...
I really think we need to fill out the prospectus for the Raging Daughters theme park. What sorts of rides and amusements can we provide, within the Wapsi Square structure?
I can think of a few:
- Shoot the Pool - bungee jumping above the volcanic lava pool. (Please be honest when we ask for your weight, as this allows us to select the bungee cables properly. If you fib, and are heavier than you say... splorch! Remember, you aren't a demigod!)
- The Tsunami Surfing water-ride. We blow up the volcanic island every hour on the half-hour; you get to ride a surfboard, body-board, or floating coconut tree back to safety. All riders must sign a waiver against possible floor abrasions when skreee'ing to a halt at the end of the escape.
- Practice your marksmanship at the Shoot the Boulder gallery. Prizes for every hoodoo-rock successfully thocked, Bonus points for performing trick acrobatic tosses with your pistol. Points deducted if you hit yourself with it.
- Evade The Apo. Earn points towards purchases in the Gift Shop, by collecting the bleached skulls and bones of those who preceded you, while dodging Snuff-m-Out Sphinxes and lethal Plutonium Hazards throughout the Time Forest. (Lengthy amusement course; please allow adequate time on your schedule. Due to chronometric reversal, the last tickets for entrance are sold 80,000 years after the park closes for the night.)
- Ride a classic Harley, dodge German soldiers and save the day, on the Grandpa Sullivan motorcycle course!
- Test your strength! See if you can punch a Titan right through a wall, at Bia's Flying Derp!
- Skydive from 13,000 feet at the No Fighting Each Other airfield. Parachute optional but recommended.
I don't think we can offer Sphinxly Blood Sausage, though, as popular as it might be... it's neither kosher nor halal.
There will, of course, be a Mucho Mocha franchise, complete with a Confusion Corner and some of Amy's excellent baked goods.
What else can we offer to the park guests? Suggestions please?