Full Disclosure discussion section

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

FreeFlier

Re: Full Disclosure discussion section

Post by FreeFlier »

Just Old Al wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:05 pm. . .
I am surprised no one commented on the funeral service.
You failed to exclude those pesky ninja onions.

And to dust beforehand.

I'm waiting to see if the DZ is near The Far Shore . . .

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just Old Al wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:05 pm I am surprised no one commented on the funeral service.
Give 'em time... it's only been posted for a few hours! :)

I thought the service went well, and Al's understanding of human nature (and aikido) worked out well. Don't hide the darkness and inevitable sense of loss... drag it out into full visibility, let people experience it, and then skewer it thoroughly. More painful in the moment, but it should leave the participants able to depart with a great sense of relief, instead of carrying the darkness inside their feelings for the rest of their lives.

It was, of course, a very good thing that Rosalynd didn't object to it being a C-of-E service. Doing so would surely have clued somebody in to the fact that she wasn't just an ordinary mundane human. The folks in that town are clearly bright and aware, and at least one of them would have had a working censer-censoring-centaur sensor.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

FreeFlier wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:15 pm
I'm waiting to see if the DZ is near The Far Shore . . .

--FreeFlier
Wait for it...you will not be disappointed though i will say not correct. The Wing Commander's service did not extend back that far.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:23 pm censer-censoring-centaur sensor.
The pun jar is staring at you pointedly and tapping a metal shod hoof...
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Dave

Post by Dave »

(Dave deposits some myrrh-velous incense into the Pun Jar).
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

BOLLOCKS.

There, I commented. ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Also: a million words... That means we're not even a third of the way through...!!!
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

jwhouk wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:15 pm Also: a million words... That means we're not even a third of the way through...!!!
Yep. You got it.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well, I see you decided not to have Al botch the deployment and drop, get the static line caught in the tail hydraulics, cause the plane to crash, die, and thus reveal to us whether or not there really is an afterlife for characters in the Wapsiverse.

I suppose the latter would be too much infringement on Paul's creatorial prerogatives... and having to fund Al's mead budget at the warriors' table in Valhalla for the next eternity or so might present a challenge even for the Pun Jar!

(Out of a sense of justice and propriety, I will not fit an instant suggest that by living his life as he has, Al is clearly guilty of committing a terrible American journalist's error... burying the Leeds. No, I won't even hint at that. Wouldn't be proper.)
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

1. No. That was a solemn moment and this was not the spot for levity or any kind of drama. Al's acted as a jumpmaster in his day as needed, and well knows his way around a cockpit and an airplane.

2. You don't need to ask Al about an afterlife - of course there is one. He made that quite clear in the funeral service, or so I thought. If anything happened his first act would have been to look up the pilots and either apologize or ask "I gave you ONE - count 'em ONE job and you had to botch it!" Then they'd all retire to the cafe for tea.

3. Don't. This bit was hard enough to write. Not sure you folk are going to enjoy it.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The only thing I'd ask is that this not turn into something Don Draper-esque.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

jwhouk wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:02 pm The only thing I'd ask is that this not turn into something Don Draper-esque.
Being I have no idea who Don Draper is...that would be hard to do.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

If it's the Don Draper I found, Al isn't that much of a madman.

--FreeFlier
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Somehow, I suspected a hate-f##k would eventually happen between the two... ;) :lol:

Actually got me to look up on Yorkshire darts. WOW is that a rough game. And I thought playing league 301 was difficult.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

jwhouk wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:23 pm Somehow, I suspected a hate-f##k would eventually happen between the two... ;) :lol:
And that statement flat out shows you weren't paying attention - it is completely, diametrically wrong. If I have to explain...don't bother reading any more of this.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

That one was a bit touchy . . . but they made it.

Plains animal . . . that makes sense.

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

Crisis averted... by love, honesty, and great hand/eye coordination! :D

On the other hand... is Glytch playing around with metastable nuclear isomers again?!? Jeez... tell Al to tell Brandi to tell Glytch that there are far safer ways to make his coffee. Brewing up a good dark roast should not require volatizing half of the Midwest.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

FreeFlier wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:35 pm That one was a bit touchy . . . but they made it.
Yep.

He rolled the dice and showed her his world - and she didn't reject him for it.
Plains animal . . . that makes sense.
Thing there is that a centaur may not be a meat-eater - but think of it this way - long triangle for location, binocular vision and coordination...yep.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:42 pm Crisis averted... by love, honesty, and great hand/eye coordination!
Exactly. This was very difficult to write and write well. The darts bit, on the other hand, was just sheer joy. I was eagerly reading it as it rolled up on the screen...the muses were that strong.
On the other hand... is Glytch playing around with metastable nuclear isomers again?!? Jeez... tell Al to tell Brandi to tell Glytch that there are far safer ways to make his coffee. Brewing up a good dark roast should not require volatizing half of the Midwest.
This is GLytch we're talking about here. Remember - a crisis that can volatilize half a continent to us is simply 'Imma makin' mac and cheese - want some?" to him.

Believe me, you do NOT want to be around when he does brew coffee. Al has given up asking for a cuppa when he visits Glytch in Langley.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

It’s amazing, the things you discover when researching quantum mechanics, neurotransmitters, and psychoactive drugs all at the same time.

Things like... ways to let the brain enter into a state akin to the monster-hallucinating sleep paralysis without the paralysis. All the regenerative effects of dreaming, as well as all of the pants-filling terror of vivid hallucinations, all overlaid atop wakeful consciousness.

Once you learn how to differentiate the “Dead Space” meets “Alice In Wonderland” madness from reality, you’re perfectly good to go! Drive for 40 hours straight, don’t suffer any sleep deprivation, and enjoy a level of entertainment unmatched by any form of media... ever.

The tricky bit is swerving for deer but not swerving for Shoggoths.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!