Little Adjustments

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Bolverk

Little Adjustments

Post by Bolverk »

Hi all,

I'm trying to teach myself Photoshop, and I've been practicing by making little tweaks and adjustments to some art that I like.
Mostly what I've done is just sort of spice up some of the more fanservice-ish comics. And yes, I'm definitely sexualizing some of Paul's art, but I hope it's not too offensive.
This started out with just a little anatomical editing--I started with one pic where Astali's leg looked just a little lopsided, for instance, and evened it out. But I'm not trying to detract from Paul's art, or override the artist's original vision, or anything like that. I'm just...remixing?
Anyway I'm a big fan, I'm contributing on Patreon, I hope this is taken as the tribute it is. I've found this quite challenging, and I'm working in "easy mode" digital media. Much respect to Paul, who's working in very unforgiving ink and Copics. And he draws fast!

So here's the link:

http://bolverkdeviant.deviantart.com/

I hope that works, I've never really done anything like this before (never even commented on a message board!). I have more if people like them, but I'm only posting a couple for now because I want to make sure this works right, that it doesn't violate any rules, etc. If people don't like this, I'll continue doing it for practice, I just won't post it ;)
And yes, you'll notice some of the coloring isn't canon. I'm really just playing around making it look (to me) interesting in different ways. Enjoy!

*edit to ask: should I post the originals side by side, so people can see what changed? Or link to the originals? Or is it easy enough since I've included the original publication date in each of the titles?
Atomic

Re: Little Adjustments

Post by Atomic »

Danger Will Robinson!

I'm afraid you're about to be kicked from Deviant Art for posting someone elses copyrighted works. Early on when I started up with DA, I posted a mix of my own stuff and a few colored versions of Paul's stuff. Those got dumped and I got a warning. Mea Culpa.

Since you have ONLY copyright work up, it might get you banned. Please plz plx remove those, and post them in the Fanart thread for Fan Art here.

A quick look at your work looks pretty good! I hope to see more. Use DA for your own stuff, and the Fan Art thread for Wapsi derived (or original!) stuff here.

Applause!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Thanks for the heads-up! I deleted them from my DA page, but will put them back up in the Fan Art thread later today.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Bolverk wrote:Thanks for the heads-up! I deleted them from my DA page, but will put them back up in the Fan Art thread later today.

(Artie Johnston voice) "Very EEEENteresting...."
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

...unfortunately I have crippled technology skills, and can't figure out how to include my images directly in the thread.
Tried saving as attachment, but attachment size limit is tiny (256 k, and I have checked other images people have uploaded are larger than that so ...?)
Using "Img" button asks for a URL, and I've got no URL for these.
Sorry if this is already answered and posted somewhere, I didn't see it in the FAQ, and like I said, technologically stupid sometimes...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

If you get yourself an account with Photobucket or other such photo hosting sites, you can upload your photos there, and then use the link they provide to use with the img tag on the board. Most photo hosting sites will have a free tier account, and their size restriction is usually not as drastic as uploading the images directly here.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Google drive works too.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Given you have an internet account of some kind, check your Internet Service Provider page for what comes with your account. Many ISPs (not all) provide an area for File Transfer Protocol uploads as part of a personal web page. You could activate this, then make a sub folder for images. Avoid using the top level for image storage -- it gets messy fast if you ever want to make a web page there. Mine is like .../web/topic/images -- two levels down. Various topics have their own image set. Keeps things neat.

I use Firefox addon FireFTP to manage my website (I have my own web host). You could use that to post to your FTP area and then link your images from there. Sing out if you have any questions!

Using the [IMG] is like [IMG=(Url to photo at hosting service here)] like [img=httx//prettypicture.xyz/PrettyPictureGuy/photo_one.jpg]

You get the idea. Places like Flickr and Photobucket should have a tool to show you the "URL for this image..."

My Deviant Art scribbles
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up opening a photobucket account (I did a google drive but the links didn't work right).

Posted on viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14&p=78378#p78378.

Thanks again! I can't believe what a responsive, helpful community this has been.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Believe it! Just watch out for the Pun Jar. It can be cranky at times.

My Deviant Art scribbles