Bringing Up a Baby Sphinx

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Sgt. Howard

Re: Bringing Up a Baby Sphinx

Post by Sgt. Howard »

A modest sized trebuchet on a gimbal mount, adjustable finger and 'weight' (Pneumatic Pressure) so that range and bearing is fully adjustable, projectile can vary from 150 to 300 pounds, we start recruiting ISIS fighters, make bogus promises, hit them with ketamine, use them as... no... SOMEBODY is going to complain about this, I am pretty sure... hmm... I'll get back with you on this...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Sgt. Howard wrote:SOMEBODY is going to complain about this, I am pretty sure... hmm... I'll get back with you on this...
Punsters. NO ONE will complain.

Oh, Daaaaave......c'mere a minute....
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Are you sure you want to do that? Really sure? You are going to feed a body just chock-full of punnish DNA to a Sphinx in her formative years?

Burroughs could be right. It could be... viral. And catching. In fact I know it's catching... got it myself from Jay Ward via Peabody, through airborne transmission.

It's bad enough to have Sphinxes who kill with a riddle... and Phix has never approved of that. You're going to risk turning her daughter into the first of a line of Sphinxes who kill with a pun?!?

Forget about "complain", sir. I'm not sure that even close family relationships will save you from "vengeful slaughter". And considering what a punning Sphinx might be like, you might well be grateful for being mercifully drawn and quartered and smoked for jerky. :twisted:
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Hmm... some interesting points there... OK, if we use ISIS types, who will complain? Well, ISIS for certain... the whole Obama administration... Hillary... most of the middle east... the more liberal aspects of Hollyweird... Michael Moore... a goodly number of college professors... the Kardasians... Governor Jerry Brown... my first ex-wife... most of the taxi drivers in NYC... I'm sorry, I thought there was an objection- I guess not.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Only if Mr. Trump goes first.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Well, if that's the only objection, I think we can avoid that...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.