Training Exercises

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Just Old Al

Re: Training Exercises

Post by Just Old Al »

DinkyInky wrote: That sums up quite a few Great Lakes locations too yanno... :P
Not to mention anything north of Manchester, NH in New England.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Hansontoons wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:Texas has two. Hot, and when does it get hot again?

And somebody has hurt foot. Not sure what's up. A toe just started swelling. Trip to vet yielded a shrug and handful of anti-inflamatory meds. It has improved but still gimpy. Not had walk for a week. It is tragic.
Vet did a thorough look, feel, and squeeze. Still puzzled. Between toes is normally pinkish due to allergies, one of the benefits of a purebred dog. Currently on shot regimen to eventually overcome allergies. Hers does not like the pokes. Feet smell normal, I usually get one in the face at some point during the night. :D
Today, Jasper's momma (my daughter), informed said canine that it was time for bath. Does not even need to say the "B" word. Just "It's time." Said canine walked behind me for protection and raises the "hurt" paw that she has been walking on just find all day. Granted, we did walk a mile this morning with only a slight limp at the very end, but trying to pull the "I has owied foot" to avoid bath just ain't gonna work in this house. She managed to survive and eat her evening foods. Might even get a rawhide chew later.

And February is a curious month 'round here. Sometimes lousy cold, others it is spring come early. It would be nice to get a hard freeze before the mosquitos get the green light to return.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Hansontoons wrote: Today, Jasper's momma (my daughter), informed said canine that it was time for bath. Does not even need to say the "B" word. Just "It's time." Said canine walked behind me for protection and raises the "hurt" paw that she has been walking on just find all day. Granted, we did walk a mile this morning with only a slight limp at the very end, but trying to pull the "I has owied foot" to avoid bath just ain't gonna work in this house. She managed to survive and eat her evening foods. Might even get a rawhide chew later.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hansontoons wrote:And February is a curious month 'round here. Sometimes lousy cold, others it is spring come early. It would be nice to get a hard freeze before the mosquitos get the green light to return.
I've seen San Antonio reach 100° in February, and have a freeze or two before spring really sets in...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Hansontoons wrote: Today, Jasper's momma (my daughter), informed said canine that it was time for bath. Does not even need to say the "B" word. Just "It's time." Said canine walked behind me for protection and raises the "hurt" paw that she has been walking on just find all day. Granted, we did walk a mile this morning with only a slight limp at the very end, but trying to pull the "I has owied foot" to avoid bath just ain't gonna work in this house. She managed to survive and eat her evening foods. Might even get a rawhide chew later.
The Scooby Doo maneuver...how adorable.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

"Matriarch Daisy, that is, Al's mate and head of Clan Alexander...did not exactly care for me in the early days...I...made many errors," began Emerauld. "The stables are a place where the Centaurs can be themselves freely. I feel...ill at ease staying here. Can we start expanding camp early Prroul? The two of us together should be able to fix Safyr's camp to fit us...there's a Ligrr d'l'to'ryll, Castela, she plays in my hut, and..."

"...You worry she will be afraid of--," Prroul started.

"No, Prroul, I worry she will attack you. She has a fierceness that belies her tiny frame. She is...very protective of family. She needs to meet you first...then she will always come. She has yet to wander into the other camp. I have suspicions that Safyr bribed her to avoid it. I will not clear away the somber...nature of it, and perhaps she will continue to avoid it."

"I...see. Well then, let us leave the little one her playhouse and set camp up while the light favours us."

"Thank you."

With that, Prroul and Emerauld bundled back up and set off for the secondary camp. With Prroul quickly clearing both deadfall and trees that would otherwise have died from lack of room, Emerauld was able to make a suitable larger camp to accommodate Prroul, pulling her spare tools from the lockbox Buck kindly left her.

She also managed to gather some of the construction detritus Kronwulf and his team left to dispose of(carefully making sure it was in fact, "trash" to them), and insulate the new lodgings. She was also delighted to hear that some of it was "green", so she had no issues with touching it.
Just to make sure they did not fret, she left Kronwulf a note stating that she was taking the "trash materials", and only took the very smallest pieces, and cobbled them together into larger pieces for the inner walls, and that if he needed payment, Al could summon her.

Prroul chuckled when she told him, and was more amused to hear the tales of her time here, and the payment of the tinker with, well, garbage.

Having most of it completed, she made a simple thatched roof to keep snow out until tomorrow, as she wanted some busywork, then showed Prroul the enormous lockbox and "ghille netting" she learned it was called, as she stowed her tools.

Trudging back to the stable, she began idly chattering away.

"Why not tell me of your journey? How did you learn of Nodaki, and begin the trek while missing my letters..."
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir