16 years from now...

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: 16 years from now...

Post by DinkyInky »

Toyota's are surprisingly roomy.

You never specified coupe or sedan. Those three would have to be virulently corpulent to not fit in a sedan. Even Rubenesque would fit in a coupe. I test drove a '94 coupe, '96 sedan, then decided on a '95 Camry SE sedan because it was a single owner(that my Father's friend knew well), no accident car.

The two Tercel's had issues, namely coming out of hurricane territory, and having flood damage(took door panels out to confirm that, because even the most cheap and skeevy dealer won't take the car apart to clean it of all the evidence).

Where was I? Oh yeah, Tercel's a very roomy car. Now if you'd have said Yugo, I'd have bought it.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I got stuck on the post with the tubs of Crisco...
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

They are roomy until you have to sit in the backseat.At ten years old at five foot nothing, I was cramped when I was the only one in the back seat. They are great in the front not so much in the back. But otherwise an wonderful car.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

At least one of them would have to pile into the back seat. And it's likely the coupe version.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

jwhouk wrote:At least one of them would have to pile into the back seat. And it's likely the coupe version.
I would love to see that. Anyone else want to Watch?
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jharris16-17 wrote:They are roomy until you have to sit in the backseat. At ten years old at five foot nothing, I was cramped when I was the only one in the back seat. They are great in the front not so much in the back. But otherwise an wonderful car.
Well, if they are all tall, maybe I could see it.
I'm five foot three, and found it roomy sitting in back(I test them for passenger comfort as well as my own) as long as no six foot and change tall drinks of water shoved the seat back into my knees.

Now AMC Eagle coupes...er, Talon model, are crackerboxes, only beaten by Ford's Fiesta/Festiva models(clown car), Yugo, and any Geo...well, I guess they're roomier than I thought... :P
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

After the first time they tried (unsuccessfully) to get to work, Dreyali got mad and slammed the passenger door shut.

It broke. Now, they all have to get in through the driver's side door.

Hilarity ensues.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

You REALLY ought to give them a Yugo...
Q- what is the primary advantage of rear window defrost in a Yugo?
A- keeping your hands warm while you push it in cold weather

Q- How do you double the bluebook on a Yugo?
A- fill the gas tank

Q- Why is survival of a head-on very good in a Yugo?
A- the tow truck takes the worst of it

Q- what is the most common accent color on a Yugo?
A- rust

Q- what does a Yugo owner keep for emergency starts?
A- a pullcord

Q- what do you call a dozen Yugos?
A- lawn art
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Phix figured that would be cruel and unusual punishment.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Sgt. Howard wrote:You REALLY ought to give them a Yugo...

Q- what do you call a dozen Yugos?
A- lawn art
Funny you should mention Yugos. I remember a news story several years ago about an artist that took several of the vehicles and turned them into art pieces. The best of the lot was a working shower.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

---

"What do you MEAN, it 'rolled into the river'?" Ari nearly screeched at her.

"It did! I was just trying to get in the passenger seat through the driver door, and I musta hit the parking brake, and it started rolling!" Dray was nearly crying. "I'm just as broke up as you are - I lost my Justin Bieber CD in there!"

Ari was getting tired of being the sane one around here. "So what are we gonna do now for transportation? You know that the MTA doesn't go directly to the store..."

"Gals! Gals!" Mori came clambering in the apartment door. "Good news! I found a used car in our price range! And the guy was great - I gave him a hundred for it!"

"A hundred dollars... what kind of car is it?"

"He said it's a foreign exotic car," Mori said excitedly. "A You-Go!"
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

jwhouk wrote:After the first time they tried (unsuccessfully) to get to work, Dreyali got mad and slammed the passenger door shut.

It broke. Now, they all have to get in through the driver's side door.

Hilarity ensues.
Horrible, just Horrible. my sides are hurting
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

jwhouk wrote:"Gals! Gals!" Mori came clambering in the apartment door. "Good news! I found a used car in our price range! And the guy was great - I gave him a hundred for it!"

"A hundred dollars... what kind of car is it?"

"He said it's a foreign exotic car," Mori said excitedly. "A You-Go!"
*tries to prevent rebreaking of ribs from laughing too hard*

Bwahahahahaaaaaa!

It's foreign, all righty kinda like,"What sort of whey blooded, pudding gut foreigner thought the Americans would ever give up their 'shiny, gallons to the mile overblown compensation packages' for a poorly designed, ugly little crackerbox?".
*deposits an annual subscription to "Truckin'" in the vault...then decides to play it safe and add an annual subscription of "Car and Driver"*

Exotic in a, "What if the Wonder Twins tried to magic up something not mammalian to assist the JL?" Oh, and I bet the other twin would find it a gas!
*deposits a platinum edition "Lion King 1 1/2 BluRay/Digital/DVD" in the vault*

--Safyr Drathmir
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

TazManiac wrote:I got stuck on the post with the tubs of Crisco...
By rights, you should have just slid right off... uh... where did the post get stuck?... or do I want to know... :shock:
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote:Phix figured that would be cruel and unusual punishment.

... but has that ever stopped her from doing something?
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
TazManiac wrote:I got stuck on the post with the tubs of Crisco...
By rights, you should have just slid right off... uh... where did the post get stuck?... or do I want to know... :shock:
I think you know exactly where that post got stuck... And that you wish you didn't know. :? :mrgreen:
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!