It happened at Mucho Mocha

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Sgt. Howard

Re: It happened at Mucho Mocha

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Just Old Al wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:
I will run with it- I have a few more illustrations to do, this one will model the rest for your face. Work is going surprisingly well and I have a local print shop that will turn it into a pamphlet with full color at a reasonable price, like a decent fast-food meal per copy.
Sign me up for a couple of copies...It'll be a hoot just to have your art on paper that I didn't print. :)

Alan
Seriously thinking about doing some 14x16 or bigger prints from the shop in Omak, on document quality paper...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I'm amazed people still use hotmail XD
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Hotmail was assimilated by Microsoft, which grandfathered those accounts into outlook.com.
Outlook begat live.com.
hotmail.com redirects to login.live.com while outlook.com redirects to outlook.live.com.

Most Hotmail subscribers, even though some have been online for two or three decades, still use those yellow paperbacks with "D" in the title as reference works.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

AmriloJim wrote:Hotmail was assimilated by Microsoft, which grandfathered those accounts into outlook.com.
Outlook begat live.com.
hotmail.com redirects to login.live.com while outlook.com redirects to outlook.live.com.

Most Hotmail subscribers, even though some have been online for two or three decades, still use those yellow paperbacks with "D" in the title as reference works.
They deleted all SIX of my Hotmail/Outlook accounts that were created in my 20's, both business and casual. After permanently losing them and the contacts that went with them, I flat out refuse to give them anymore of my time, and any new MS hardware with MS Installed will soon become team Penguin, because they stink.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

AmriloJim wrote:Hotmail was assimilated by Microsoft, which grandfathered those accounts into outlook.com.
Outlook begat live.com.

I still have my MSN.com mail account. Heck, I still have my yahoo.com account - and that's even older.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

jwhouk wrote:
Outlook begat live.com.

I still have my MSN.com mail account. Heck, I still have my yahoo.com account - and that's even older.
Me too.

Though like DI, they did something at some point that deleted the majority of my archived emails. Granted, I haven't missed them, but just the same it was not a nice thing to do. I keep the account due to the inconvenience of having to notify everyone and a few dogs of the change.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Then I work on things because I WANT to work on them!!!
I want to say up front that I am not prejudiced against Basic as a programming language. Visual Basic in particular is a great language (sadly I hate pretty much everything else from that company, particularly including the last three versions of their OS and their habit of making stuff almost standards-compliant, but just noncompliant enough that anything actually standards-compliant won't work quite right), capable of pretty much anything that doesn't really need compiled down to actual machine code, and with all the sophisticated features of a modern procedural language.

That said...

the Basic in LibreOffice and OpenOffice is Not Ready For Prime Time.

In fact I'd rate it Not Ready For Beta Testing.

After repeatedly and reproducibly getting data type exception errors on simple string manipulation, involving NOTHING BUT strings... and even occasionally getting them on Dim statements, I'm throwing in the towel on it. It's hopeless.

As a result, seven years after I retired as a professional programmer I've begun the task of learning a new-to-me programming language.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I was getting into Programming back in the 80's, and 'hot-potatoe'd' it. Years later I was pulled back in through the side door developing databases, "it's not _really_ Programming...", but again, I find it incompatible with my make-up.

I'm getting back into Electrons and all things related (3 units shy of an A.S. Degree, but who's counting...), but mainly thats just to help with Vintage Stereo refurbishing. 8-)

"Oh, and Tina?, I'll have an Iced Mocha please...".

(edit- I removed a 'not' because it inverted my meaning..)
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

This is in Okanogan, Washington- Taz, check it out! It is even the right color.
Attachments
Tiger 3.jpg
Tiger 3.jpg (87.66 KiB) Viewed 14759 times
Tiger 2.jpg
Tiger 2.jpg (137.07 KiB) Viewed 14759 times
Tiger 1.jpg
Tiger 1.jpg (125.84 KiB) Viewed 14758 times
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Sweeeet! The only thing better would be a Vintage Alfa Romeo as a stable mate... 8-)
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Might be . . . rural Washington has lots of retired engineers that might do such.

Or a tank.

A guy near here has a small fleet of Checkers . . . mostly Marathons, as I understand it.

--FreeFlier