He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
lake_wrangler

Re: Purpose Comment Section

Post by lake_wrangler »

lake_wrangler wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Wow, you're just having all kinds of trouble, aren't ya?
Oh yes, you got trouble! Right here in River City! With a capital 'T', and that rhymes with 'P', and that stands for Pool! You surely got trouble! Right here in River City! Got to figure out a way to the young ones moral after school!
GlytchMeister wrote:*blink*

*blink*

Wat.
I can't help it: whenever someone talks about having trouble, my mind immediately goes here...
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

Glytch... umm... please tell me you are familiar with the Music Man. Right? If not... hmm... I suppose I'll just have ta edjumakate ya. Let's start off with... hmmm... Music Man, The Sting, and... oh, let's say The Gambler. Extra credit for watching Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Trust me, if you haven't seen these yet, you need to.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Glytch... umm... please tell me you are familiar with the Music Man. Right? If not... hmm... I suppose I'll just have ta edjumakate ya. Let's start off with... hmmm... Music Man, The Sting, and... oh, let's say The Gambler. Extra credit for watching Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Trust me, if you haven't seen these yet, you need to.
I am notorious for being woefully lacking in this area. You'll notice I am constantly having to ask people around here to explain jokes. Part of it is because almost everyone here is at least twice my age. The other part is because I spent more time on other things than watching old movies. And the final part is, well, to be honest, I'm not really fond of old movies.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
I'm too much!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Glytch... umm... please tell me you are familiar with the Music Man. Right? If not... hmm... I suppose I'll just have ta edjumakate ya. Let's start off with... hmmm... Music Man, The Sting, and... oh, let's say The Gambler. Extra credit for watching Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Trust me, if you haven't seen these yet, you need to.
I've seen Music Man and The Gambler, but not The Sting and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Am I in trouble? :?
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

lake_wrangler wrote:
I've seen Music Man and The Gambler, but not The Sting and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Am I in trouble? :?
Hustler, Maverick, Paper Moon, A Fish Called Wanda, Catch Me if You Can, The Colour of Money...add those to Shneekey's list(no, no, not tslking about the 213 list, ya filky bard!) and you have a delightful weekend of some of the top con men movies.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels should be new enough. I loved seeing it - Michael Caine and Steve Martin trying to out-con each other.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
ShneekeyTheLost

lake_wrangler wrote:
I would strongly urge you to see The Sting. It is an absolute masterpiece of cheating a cheater.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

DinkyInky wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Hustler, Maverick, Paper Moon, A Fish Called Wanda, Catch Me if You Can, The Colour of Money...add those to Shneekey's list(no, no, not tslking about the 213 list, ya filky bard!) and you have a delightful weekend of some of the top con men movies.
Don't believe I've seen any of them . . .

--FreeFlier
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I...waitaminnit. I think I've... Yeah. I tried to watch the sting. I lost interest in it about five minutes in... I continued to try to watch for half an hour. I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Sorry. About the only old movies I can stand to watch are the old spaghetti westerns... And even then, only some. Most have the same effect most old movies have on me. I don't know why, I just can't stand em.

I try, I really do. I can't even get through the Wizard of Oz.
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

This is probably why you don't get a lot of references, then.

...You HAVE seen Star Wars, at least, right?
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
ShneekeyTheLost

jwhouk wrote:This is probably why you don't get a lot of references, then.

And by Star Wars, we are referrin' to 'A New Hope' and the two subsequent movies. NOT the prequels. Jar-Jar can go join Barny in the endless void.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

jwhouk wrote:This is probably why you don't get a lot of references, then.

*gives you a long, steady, unamused look*

...of COURSE I've seen Star Wars. I had the misfortune of being introduced to it via the prequels, but still. How could I call myself a self-respecting geeky nerd without seeing those movies? I even made a reference to them in Glytch's introductary segment!

Harrumph. Have I seen Star Wars he says.

ARRIGHT, let's get a few things straight. I've watched most of the TV episodes of Star Trek (which is about as old as I can bear when it comes to tv or movies), and most of TNG.

I've seen all of the Star Wars movies. Several times. I had frequent lightsaber fights with my cousin.

And I've watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Several times. I was able to quote the whole damn thing from memory at one point.
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

*grinds teeth*
...Mutter mumble course I've seen them razzumfrazzum...
I'm too much!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I saw SW IV, V & VI in the theater (several times) . . . also all of LotR, all of Indiana Jones, and Master & Commander.

I don't watch movies or TV much . . . TV mostly while visiting my mom, since she's become addicted to CSI & NCIS . . . she gets a little annoyed with me sometimes, because I'll call them on the errors (and CSI especially makes some doozies).

/shrug/ It's better than when she was addicted to Hardcore Pawn and the other pawn show.

--FreeFlier
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

FreeFlier wrote:I saw SW IV, V & VI in the theater (several times) . . . also all of LotR, all of Indiana Jones, and Master & Commander.
I've seen all of those too. So there.
*gives Joe another hard look*
Pthbthpthbth! :P
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

GlytchMeister wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:I saw SW IV, V & VI in the theater (several times) . . . also all of LotR, all of Indiana Jones, and Master & Commander.
Hey, you've got me when it comes to LOTR... then again, I don't care for Tolkien.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

jwhouk wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:
Hey, you've got me when it comes to LOTR... then again, I don't care for Tolkien.
*grinds teeth some more*
*takes a deep breath*
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I suppose. If I don't have to like old movies, I guess you don't have to like Tolkien.
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Can we agree that Dune is rubbish?
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

jwhouk wrote:Can we agree that Dune is rubbish?
Nope, never seen it. That's just because I never got around to it. I also missed out on Firefly. I've only just recently seen Serenity. I really wanna watch Firefly, but, again, I haven't gotten around to it.
I'm too much!