Nadette sings, part II

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Sgt. Howard

Nadette sings, part II

Post by Sgt. Howard »

(This is based on the assumption that Atsali and Nadette talk and get the ghost from Atsali's past out in the open... and then then chemistry works between them. I remember I had Nadette singing "Long long time" by Linda Ronstadt- same tune, but I have written new words)

(As before, empty stage with spot on tall stool with microphone on stool. Nadette in bear form walks out, picks up mike and sits down. Her demeanor is nothing like previously, she is upbeat, smiling and relieved. Opening strains begin-)

You always balked- or turned and walked- but finally there came the day when we both sat down and talked,

and I never knew just what did I do? Thinking it was all my fault when the one you feared was you

and I've done everything I know, to try to make you mine- and I think I will adore you for a long, long time...

I lived in fear- held back each tear- but I couldn't give you up, so I had to perservere

and now you see.... how it ought to be

here you'd been running from yourself, when the one you want is me

and I've done everthing I know, to try to help your mind- and I think I'm gonna want you for a long, long time

work past the scar- you've come so far- and now you understand just who you really are

oh and for all I've tried, arms open wide, just as I was loosing hope you are standing by my side

Oh yes and I've done everything I know, to try to make you mine- and I hope we stay together for a long, long time-
(cresendo- she WAILS this... think Janice Joplin)
Yes and I've done, EVERTHING I KNOW... to TRY TO MAKE YOU MINE.... (Trails off slightly)
(A-capella- soft slow voice, smokey- she is smiling, tears are present)
... and I think I'm... gonna love you... for a long...long...time..."
(Music carries off the end- Atsali walks out on stage, a little shy, steps up to Nadette- they kiss as the light fades to black
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.