Derivation Inspiration

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: Derivation Inspiration

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:Aw Dinky, now you have me scheming up a Wapsiverse - Dae Jang.Geum mash-up... (Definitely going to need to adjust the traditional bodices a bit..)
I love that! I also admit to taking my son to see Speed Racer because of Rain.

I also love Netflix because it has a HUGE collection of Korean dramas...
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Yeah, guilty pleasures abound...
(The theme makes for great guitar practice music.)

Another consideration, while DJG has a great many make characters, it is primarily a Female driven epic. Like Wapsi, and like much of Miyazaki's work.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TazManiac wrote:Aw Dinky, now you have me scheming up a Wapsiverse - Dae Jang.Geum mash-up... (Definitely going to need to adjust the traditional bodices a bit..)
Wow. Now that's a STORY.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

The jagori(jacket) can accommodate larger busts, and with the chima pleated and wrapped right, it will look proper.
Creation of it is an art form, and while I can make a basic one, it's nothing compared to the treasure's(hanbok makers are considered cherished national treasures) creations.
If you make a slightly less traditional jagori, in that it's not a high empire waist, large busts are possible. I'll have to play around with my patterns to see how I could make one for Monica or Atsali, as I'm only a DD in US sizing.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

The way the traditional headdress is framing the face makes for a good platform to show a given character's expression(s).
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:The way the traditional headdress is framing the face makes for a good platform to show a given character's expression(s).
headdress? When I was a teenager, I used to do that with my hair in various costumes. It's sadly rather short now(being down to about my tailbone currently). I sadly also do not have any pictures left due to a rotten set of ex roomies(from this point on known as the BttH gang) and my ex.
If I feel creative this weekend, I may see if I can still do any of those with my current length.

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

By headdress I meant the braided and circular wrapping of hair around the head which (among who knows how many other things) serves to frame the face...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:By headdress I meant the braided and circular wrapping of hair around the head which (among who knows how many other things) serves to frame the face...
Ah. To me, that's a hairstyle with elaborate jewelry, but then again, I grew up with all of that being normal(My Mother is from a not so tiny anymore village in Korea).

--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:The jagori(jacket) can accommodate larger busts, and with the chima pleated and wrapped right, it will look proper.
Creation of it is an art form, and while I can make a basic one, it's nothing compared to the treasure's(hanbok makers are considered cherished national treasures) creations.
If you make a slightly less traditional jagori, in that it's not a high empire waist, large busts are possible. I'll have to play around with my patterns to see how I could make one for Monica or Atsali, as I'm only a DD in US sizing.
Is the Hover Skirt® technological, or magical?
;)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:Is the Hover Skirt® technological, or magical?
;)
RDR squared.

The Cloud silk used in those is so airy, you feel like you are floating while wearing it. There's a way you carry yourself that the steps are timed so perfect that the garment floats and they never see your feet.

I tried one of those on once when I first planned a traditional wedding(and cried when I realised it cost as much as a house or luxury car--yes the gold leafing is actual gold, my grandmother used to make the "blanks" that the gold was leafed on, and told me in a letter how it was done).

My Mother had worn so much silk in her youth due to my Grandmother's tailoring, she refuses to wear it to this day. Heaven forbid any of her children buy or wear inferior silk though! I once paid a premium for what I was told was Cloud silk($40/yd), and made an outfit for my sister, but showed my Mother first. She was so delighted...until she touched it. She then went to the wholesalers and proceeded to go into blindingly quick detail what real Cloud silk is supposed to look and feel like. I ended up getting most of my money back. The difference between them is night and day when you touch them.

--Safyr Drathmir