A visit to Phix

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Sgt. Howard

Re: A visit to Phix

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Sgt. Howard wrote:

"Where are you...? Oh, THERE you are... for a moment, I thought you were but a dream... what are you fooling with over there?"
"Do you samba?"
She stood up, reduced to human and produced a flouncy cocktail dress from the 1950s- the fit, of course, was perfect.
"It has been a while, but I am game," she said as she strutted over to him in tall heels. He tripped the play lever and walked over as the records' lead scratched out.

"You can dance... every dance with the guy, who gives you the eye, let him hold you tight,
you can smile... every smile for the man, who held your hand, 'neath the pale moonlight,
but don't forget who's taking you home and in who's arms you're gonna be,
so darling, save the last dance for me,"

They spun and swayed across the floor in a fluid manner that 'DWTS' would display, he in a flannel plaid shirt, tan winter slacks and suspenders, her looking like a runway model of another era. With the heels on, she actually stood a noticeable bit taller than he... not that either one cared. They had never danced this step with each other before, yet their instincts together were 'spot on'- his lead was strong and her follow showed confidence... and frank sensuality. It is the nature of the samba that a woman's' hips follow a 'hypnotic' motion, pleasing to the eye and nourishing to the libido of a man... or woman who has a taste for such things. A few of the patrons who happened by watched with fascination (and more than a little bit of envy) at the odd pairing and the graceful movements but the two paid them no mind- their world went no further than the spell of the music and each other's gaze. They continued to the crooning of 'the Drifters', oblivious to anything else, right up to the last repetition of the chorus... which was interrupted by a nasty "Vrrrilipth!" as Nudge removed the needle from the vinyl.
"We need to talk," she stated flatly, with Bia, Euryale and Tsillah standing beside her.
Ben E. King, baritone singer of 'the Drifters' who sang that song, is no longer with us- rest in peace, and find a good team for Jam Sessions where you are now.

I fly my flag at half-mast
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

I've only been wanting to draw this since December of last year... Little Mama says I got me dead on- and I'm pretty sure you recognize the Lady. That's actually a VERY modified form of my style I used- not quite Paul's technique, but it works...
Attachments
Phix and Neil
Phix and Neil
100_6585 (3).JPG (191.9 KiB) Viewed 11540 times
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Search…

Post by lake_wrangler »

Bravo! Bravo!

Nicely done! And you have really captured Paul's style on Phix' facial features. I am impressed!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Not bad, Sarge... Not bad at all!
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Nice work, Sarge!
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Nicely done - you've captured it well. Bravo!
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Thank you all... I have been wrestling with this since I first came up with the dance scene last December... and Paul's style is so radically different from my own. I can mimic his work, but I have no clue how to translate myself into it... so I cheated. I used my own technique with a bigger head, lower ears and a simplified face... it works well enough, I suppose- it would be interesting to compare this to a rendition of my battered face by Paul himself, dontcha think?

BTW- you'll notice I render plaid flannel shirts in green/yellow configuration- that's because they are the next best thing to cammo for most of the year, a fact that the locals have picked up on... but in town, nobody gives it a second glance because it's plaid flannel... Glytch, take note.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Sgt. Howard wrote:BTW- you'll notice I render plaid flannel shirts in green/yellow configuration- that's because they are the next best thing to cammo for most of the year, a fact that the locals have picked up on... but in town, nobody gives it a second glance because it's plaid flannel... Glytch, take note.
Heh... I'd actually noticed that a long time ago when I was playing hide and seek during a Cub Scout camp out... I was wearing a dark green with brown stripes plaid shirt... And I was the last kid found.

I had since forgotten, though. Thanks for the reminder!
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Very nice! More when coherent.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Julie

Post by Julie »

As impressive as your mimic of Paul's style may be, I'm just completely captured by the look on his/your face. :) Well done Sgt. Howard!!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Julie wrote:As impressive as your mimic of Paul's style may be, I'm just completely captured by the look on his/your face. :) Well done Sgt. Howard!!
... interestingly enough, Miss Annie says the same thing on occasion... mind you, her smile could beacon in a 747 on a foggy field at midnight...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Now that I've gotten a few hours of sleep:

A suggestion as to an idea how to "Pablo-ize" someone who's older would be to look at the strip with Monica and her grandpa: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/into-the-sunset/
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote:Now that I've gotten a few hours of sleep:

A suggestion as to an idea how to "Pablo-ize" someone who's older would be to look at the strip with Monica and her grandpa: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/into-the-sunset/
The problem with me is that I still have a full head of hair and the color hides the grey- and my jowls are not very noticeable. Few people can guess my age correctly. I studied how Mr. Fields was handled as well- and used some of that.

I look younger than most guys in their forties
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

It's really sweet, and then you see the looks exchanged, and it goes from, "Awwwww..." to Isittimetogoandgivethemsomeprivacyo'clockalready?
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir