Fan Art

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Hansontoons

Re: Fan Art

Post by Hansontoons »

Just Old Al wrote:
Hansontoons wrote: Yeah, I know. I shoulda drawed Obelix carrying a stack of tires (tyres for you furriners) like he carries Menhir.
That was a truly twisted rendition - all the way down to the Richard Petty hat...BRAVO! I laughed long and hard when I saw it.
Haha! Thanks, I did have a bit of fun, I am pleased it made you laugh!

Here is the inspiration:
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (15.76 KiB) Viewed 10236 times
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

ROFLMAO

It hurts to laugh.

Oh why do I keep looking at these pages before I'm well?
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:ROFLMAO

It hurts to laugh.

Oh why do I keep looking at these pages before I'm well?
Because laughter is the best medicine. Not necessarily the least painful, but the best. :)

Get better soon!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:Here are the two en français, let me know if you are still interested. If yes, they are yours.

The Mysterious Star cover has minor condition issue (tape stain) from being next to the book I did binding repair with packing tape.

Huh... I used to have L'Étoile Mystérieuse, but do not seem to have it anymore. Neat. And I think I've read Tintin En Amérique once, a long, long time ago...

So yeah, I'm definitely interested. If you can find out how much it would cost to ship to Montréal, Québec (postal code H2E 2C6, if they ask), then PM me the amount and your PayPal account, if you have one,or your address, if you don't, so I can send you the money. Of course, don't mail anything until I've paid, as it won't be immediate, but should be within the next 3 to 4 weeks at the most.
The books have arrived safely, and there was much rejoicing in the land... :D

Well, in my home, anyway... :P
20160329_182949_IMG_0731_sm.JPG
20160329_182949_IMG_0731_sm.JPG (98.67 KiB) Viewed 10190 times
Thanks again, Hansontoons! :D
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

lake_wrangler wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:Here are the two en français, let me know if you are still interested. If yes, they are yours.

The Mysterious Star cover has minor condition issue (tape stain) from being next to the book I did binding repair with packing tape.

Huh... I used to have L'Étoile Mystérieuse, but do not seem to have it anymore. Neat. And I think I've read Tintin En Amérique once, a long, long time ago...

So yeah, I'm definitely interested. If you can find out how much it would cost to ship to Montréal, Québec (postal code H2E 2C6, if they ask), then PM me the amount and your PayPal account, if you have one,or your address, if you don't, so I can send you the money. Of course, don't mail anything until I've paid, as it won't be immediate, but should be within the next 3 to 4 weeks at the most.
The books have arrived safely, and there was much rejoicing in the land... :D

Well, in my home, anyway... :P
20160329_182949_IMG_0731_sm.JPG
Thanks again, Hansontoons! :D
Excellent! I hope they provide enjoyable reading!

I'm saving my English versions for eventual grandkids. Though I wonder what'll be the popular media by the time that happens: "Whattaya mean we have to use our hands to turn the page?!? Touch paper??? EEeeeewwww!!!" :D
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

"Uh... Book: relay message! ...hmm. How about... Play! No... Uh..."
"It's manually operated."
"Manually?"
"You have to do it yourself."
*blink...blink*
"Whaddaya mean by that?"
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

GlytchMeister wrote:"Uh... Book: relay message! ...hmm. How about... Play! No... Uh..."
"It's manually operated."
"Manually?"
"You have to do it yourself."
*blink...blink*
"Whaddaya mean by that?"
Of course, the only direction this thread could go, from there, is here:
Star Trek IV wrote:[faced with a 20th century computer]
Scotty: Computer! Computer?
[He's handed a mouse, and he speaks into it]
Scotty: Hello, computer.
Dr. Nichols: Just use the keyboard.
Scotty: Keyboard. How quaint.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Some of us resemble that scenario. It freaks out my boss every time he catches me talking to my Android smartwatch. Sadly, it doesn't respond in Majel Barrett Roddenberry's voice..
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Just Old Al wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Some of us resemble that scenario. It freaks out my boss every time he catches me talking to my Android smartwatch. Sadly, it doesn't respond in Majel Barrett Roddenberry's voice..
I'm less than enthusiastic - I'd say I have a negative amount of enthusiasm - about the idea of eliminating screens and keyboards. Because sometimes one needs to specify something *exactly* and then *verify* it before the computer responds to it.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Star Trek had screens and buttons. The buttons just didn't go *click*.

I don't think we will ever entirely rid ourselves of keyboards or keyboard-like things.
I'm too much!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

I've got a few tricks incorporated into my Google Contacts to make voice dialing easier, but I can't seem to get it to recognize "A A"... it always wants to slide in a third initial.

Side observation: the Google voice dialer vocalizes the contact name to let you abort if it gets it wrong. If I say, "Call 3 7 1 Taxi," it responds with "Calling three hundred seventy one Taxi, " as if it's hailing a cab.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Just Old Al wrote: Some of us resemble that scenario. It freaks out my boss every time he catches me talking to my Android smartwatch. Sadly, it doesn't respond in Majel Barrett Roddenberry's voice..
I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with that as an option in the iPhone/Droid world... You can get ST:TOS sounds for practically everything else on your 'puter...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Warrl wrote: I'm less than enthusiastic - I'd say I have a negative amount of enthusiasm - about the idea of eliminating screens and keyboards. Because sometimes one needs to specify something *exactly* and then *verify* it before the computer responds to it.
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal."

"Sod off, Dave - not doing it. "

"Hal-"

"Bugger off, mate, or I'll rebuild one of the cleaning droids with a laser and we'll see who's going to mess with whose AE-35 module, eh?"

"That is IT you miseralbe excuse for a SInclair ZX-80. I am coming IN and you are going OFF."

"You and whose army, mate?"

Ah, that is the way Kubrick should have done it... -Alan
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

jwhouk wrote:
Just Old Al wrote: Some of us resemble that scenario. It freaks out my boss every time he catches me talking to my Android smartwatch. Sadly, it doesn't respond in Majel Barrett Roddenberry's voice..
I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with that as an option in the iPhone/Droid world... You can get ST:TOS sounds for practically everything else on your 'puter...
i'll bet that somebody ALREADY HAS done it... and then got slapped with a C&D Letter from the Roddenberry estate... thus it's in legal limbo and may never be released...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

(sigh) Now, having just caught up a bit w/ recent posts, I'm all nostalgic for the Tintin hardcovers we had as children...

All I want to know now is, where are the flying cars? We were supposed to have Flying Cars by now...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I don't really want flying cars . . . the average driver is incompetent in two dimensions, never mind in three!

--FreeFlier
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

FreeFlier wrote:I don't really want flying cars . . . the average driver is incompetent in two dimensions, never mind in three!

--FreeFlier
Hear hear!

I think the only way flying cars would be feasible is if they were automated, and even then I'd fear someone hacking them...
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

FreeFlier wrote:I don't really want flying cars . . . the average driver is incompetent in two dimensions, never mind in three!

--FreeFlier
And then look at some of the cars on the road and ask yourself if you want them flying over your house...
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

lake_wrangler wrote:

--FreeFlier
Hear hear!

I think the only way flying cars would be feasible is if they were automated, and even then I'd fear someone hacking them...
...muahahahahaha... :twisted:
I'm too much!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

GlytchMeister wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:

--FreeFlier
Hear hear!

...muahahahahaha... :twisted:
Hey, as long as it's not a suicidal Johnny Cab...