Fan Art

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: Fan Art

Post by DinkyInky »

Just Old Al wrote:
Catawampus wrote: All of mine are British editions, with the puns and jokes apparently changed to match. I don't recall anything that I obviously missed out on, but it's hard to tell with that sort of thing sometimes. I wonder what the American editions are like?
Asterix drives for NASCAR.... and Obelix is renamed Bubba.

Running.....
*smack*

Nope at nope dot com.

Unless you fancy me illustrating that one scene regarding Mori and Drey...shaking off conditioning.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

DinkyInky wrote:
Just Old Al wrote: Asterix drives for NASCAR.... and Obelix is renamed Bubba.

Running.....
*smack*

Nope at nope dot com.

Unless you fancy me illustrating that one scene regarding Mori and Drey...shaking off conditioning.
Give him a little warning and Al might well win that fight...though best not to try.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Unless they sphinx out. You might be an old warrior, Al, but that's the thing: you're an old warrior.

Neil has more experience and a younger body.

Hell, Glytch wouldn't last very long against one sphinx - he could run away for a little while, but Sphinxes can fly.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:I have two other Tintin books that are in French. I bought them after high school, at the time thinking " I took two years French language class, no problem!". After flipping through several pages, I came to the conclusion that Je ne parle enough Francaise. I suppose I could mail them to that Lake guy that speeka da lingo, he would enjoy them! :D
Yes, I'm sure I would, indeed, enjoy reading them en français... :D

If you let me know how much the postage is, I'll gladly defray the cost... Do you have a PayPal account? You can PM me, if you're serious about this, with the postage cost and your PayPal account name, and I'll reply with my address.
Here are the two en français, let me know if you are still interested. If yes, they are yours.

The Mysterious Star cover has minor condition issue (tape stain) from being next to the book I did binding repair with packing tape.
IMG_0904.jpg
IMG_0904.jpg (157.73 KiB) Viewed 11171 times
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Jabberwonky wrote: . . . My brother and I discovered Tin Tin and Snowy at the public library in Sanford Fla. . . .
In the 1970s and into the early 1980s, the local clinic (in a logging town) had several english copies of TinTIn in the kids waiting area . . . For all I know they're still there! (Though they'd have to be new copies . . .)

--FreeFlier
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Hansontoons wrote:Here are the two en français, let me know if you are still interested. If yes, they are yours.

The Mysterious Star cover has minor condition issue (tape stain) from being next to the book I did binding repair with packing tape.

Huh... I used to have L'Étoile Mystérieuse, but do not seem to have it anymore. Neat. And I think I've read Tintin En Amérique once, a long, long time ago...

So yeah, I'm definitely interested. If you can find out how much it would cost to ship to Montréal, Québec (postal code H2E 2C6, if they ask), then PM me the amount and your PayPal account, if you have one,or your address, if you don't, so I can send you the money. Of course, don't mail anything until I've paid, as it won't be immediate, but should be within the next 3 to 4 weeks at the most.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

GlytchMeister wrote:Unless they sphinx out. You might be an old warrior, Al, but that's the thing: you're an old warrior.

Neil has more experience and a younger body.

Hell, Glytch wouldn't last very long against one sphinx - he could run away for a little while, but Sphinxes can fly.
Neil was an old warrior when he 'seduced' Phix. A sphinx will use a swipe very similar to what a big cat will do- get inside of the swipe and use it's momentum to plant your foot in the critter's nose... try to avoid the mouth, that never goes well. You have a brief moment where the blow to the snout will overwhelm the senses- use that to deliver a death blow, choke the shit out of the thing or run like hell.

No big deal...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:No big deal...
You have a truly delightful talent for understatement, Sarge... it is a pleasure to watch.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Sgt. Howard wrote: . . . A sphinx will use a swipe very similar to what a big cat will do- get inside of the swipe . . .
Amusingly, this is also a good strategy when too close to a "steam" shovel - get inside. You can actually go in between the tracks in that situation! (But avoid getting pinched.)

Of course, the best strategy is to not get that close in the first place!

--FreeFlier
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote:
You have a truly delightful talent for understatement, Sarge... it is a pleasure to watch.
[Al mode]

To quote the reprehensible redneck, "What you call trouble, we call sport."

And as far as those two idiots go, I did NOT say they would be surviving the incident. I have, despite my dam's insistence, no interest in a harem.

[/Al mode]
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Just Old Al wrote:
Dave wrote:
[Al mode]

To quote the reprehensible redneck, "What you call trouble, we call sport."

And as far as those two idiots go, I did NOT say they would be surviving the incident. I have, despite my dam's insistence, no interest in a harem.

[/Al mode]
Sounds like a case of, "Hold mah beer an' watch this!"
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Just Old Al wrote:
Catawampus wrote: All of mine are British editions, with the puns and jokes apparently changed to match. I don't recall anything that I obviously missed out on, but it's hard to tell with that sort of thing sometimes. I wonder what the American editions are like?
Asterix drives for NASCAR.... and Obelix is renamed Bubba.

Running.....
Somebody said something about NASCAR?
Nascar Asterix & Obelix .jpeg
Nascar Asterix & Obelix .jpeg (143.15 KiB) Viewed 11122 times
(Basis for design shamelessly ripped-off from interwebs...)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Cute...
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Hansontoons wrote:Somebody said something about NASCAR?

Edit: Funny Picture

(Basis for design shamelessly ripped-off from interwebs...)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

We need a version which really represents these two mythic characters in the modern Internet age.

Asterix and Hashtag.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:We need a version which really represents these two mythic characters in the modern Internet age.

Asterix and Hashtag.
Peuh-lease! It was bad enough when they met aliens! :evil:
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Dave wrote:We need a version which really represents these two mythic characters in the modern Internet age.

Asterix and Hashtag.
Peuh-lease! It was bad enough when they met aliens! :evil:
Egads. That makes me glad I didn't keep reading the series after high school.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

lake_wrangler wrote: Peuh-lease! It was bad enough when they met aliens! :evil:
That is wrong on SO many levels...
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Just Old Al wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote: Peuh-lease! It was bad enough when they met aliens! :evil:
That is wrong on SO many levels...
Yeah, I know. I shoulda drawed Obelix carrying a stack of tires (tyres for you furriners) like he carries Menhir.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Hansontoons wrote: Yeah, I know. I shoulda drawed Obelix carrying a stack of tires (tyres for you furriners) like he carries Menhir.
That was a truly twisted rendition - all the way down to the Richard Petty hat...BRAVO! I laughed long and hard when I saw it.