Fan Art

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: Fan Art

Post by DinkyInky »

Mark N wrote:
DinkyInky wrote: Every Halloween that it is showing in the IMAX, we goto the special limited screening of it. My son actually got to help the manager carry the film canisters up to the booth. One of these days I will actually make more than my son's jumpsuit.
If you ever get chance to make friends with people from MIT and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission you may get a chance to get him a working Positron Glider (Proton Pack I just like the sound of the first one)
Or I could ask friends of mine that are Aggies or Boilermakers...:P I have friends and family that are engineers from about every aspect. Crazy ability I seem to have picked up...:P
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Nom nom nom.

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:Nom nom nom.
Indeed! :lol: :lol:

I suppose that suggesting a stir-fry with mushrooms, onions, red peppers, and some sesame oil would be a bit over the top? (can't say "in poor taste" because those stir-fries are actually quite yummy!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're both just wrong...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Jabberwonky wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

How do you know? Have you tried it?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

shadowinthelight wrote:Nom nom nom.
So, what do non-famous people do when you try to taste them?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I'm taking Guidance's word for it. I've never met a supermodel (I can barely meet regular women) and all my connections to celebrities are tenuous at best.
  • A family friend of my godfather was neighbors with G.W. Bush in Crawford
  • Said godfather had a restaurant in the North Side of Fort Worth that was an underground late night hotspot. I missed meeting Van Cliburn by a couple of weeks.
  • A few weeks ago I was given a Bret Michaels guitar pick by a friend who received it from a friend to whom it was given by Bret Michaels himself.
MerchManDan wrote:So, what do non-famous people do when you try to taste them?
Depends on the person. ;)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

How do you know? Have you tried it?
Nnnoooo... :roll:

But I haven't wandered into a restaurant that has it on the menu...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:Nnnoooo... :roll:

But I haven't wandered into a restaurant that has it on the menu...
Hufu. :twisted:
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Oh, like you're not curious...
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Lily as I imagine her some time in the late 1880s. She's been doing the Law Dog thing for a long time. I figure she's either working for the US Marshal's Service, or the Pinkerton Detective Agency here.

Gun Nerd info; Lily's pistols are a pair of black powder Colt Navies with a Richard-Mason Cartridge conversion to .38 Colt. Movies give the impression that the famous Colt Peacemaker was everywhere, but a lot of folks carried converted blackpowder cap and ball revolvers. A new Peacemaker was $30 while you could send your gun back to Colt and have it converted to fire cartridges for four or five dollars.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Suzi McBride as she might have appeared in 1976. We know that Suzi and Lily have been bumping around together for the better part of a century, and I figure they've been doing their FBI thing for a long time, maybe as long as the agency has been around. I had a mental picture of them in the 70's, and this popped into my head. Suzi seems the type to buy a a gaudy overpowered muscle car like a Firebird Trans Am. I figured the car didn't last a month before she totaled it.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Very nice work, Boxilar!
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Thanks, Dave. I really need to get back to drawing on a regular basis. I used to draw all the time. I've slacked off over the past decade.

Bye the bye, if anyone wants to play around with these, feel free. I suppose I should get around to drawing the rest of the Wapsi cast at some point.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Woah! Boxilar, super impressive! You DO need to spend a little more time drawing.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Boxilar wrote:Image
Inspiration: TRIGGER WARNING: Another viewpoint of this strip, which covers rape.

She shut off the Trans Am quietly as she pulled into the parking spot at the Hennepin County Mental Health Center. The building's exterior glass façade didn't help to improve her mood. It was one thing that she had to deal with the crap of being an undercover "dick" for the MPD, but to look into the glass and see nothing but her glasses and the long coat she was wearing to ward off the chill of the Minneapolis weather just added to it.

Suze had gotten reports from one of her fellow vamps that there was some evil bastard that was taking advantage of his job as night janitor at the place. Not as in stealing money, or office supplies, or the typical petty shit that was the milieu of white collar criminals. No, this bastard was using his access credentials to rape girls in the rubber rooms.

She quietly slipped in a back door of the building, then up the stairs to the fourth floor – the "E-ward", as they called it. She immediately hated it – the perfect place to leave someone, alone, unaware of their surroundings, and forgotten.

"Forgotten," she said to herself as she quietly walked down the floor. She noticed that the care technician that was supposed to be monitoring the floor was too busy watching something on a separate TV – Oh, yeah, that's right, the Vikings are playing on Monday Night Football, she remembered. Bastard would rather watch that than keep an eye on the girls he's supposed to…

There was a creaking sound, coming from the wing behind the control room. She slid along the side of the wall, turned and saw that there was a cleaning cart of some sort down at the end of the hallway. There were a lot of conflicting smells coming from this place – that idiot in the booth had horrible cologne on, for one – but there was one scent that she recognized out of all of them: sex. And, with a scent of human blood attached to it, it was very likely not consensual.

She looked up a moment at the monitor bank that was in front of the tech who was otherwise preoccupied. All of them seemed to be functioning, except for one. The CRT screen was blank, which indicated to her that the video had been turned off. The sudden urge that she had to attack the technician in the booth was slammed down by her mental constraints. No, Suze, he's not the one committing the crime. Deal with that dickhead first.

Sliding slowly along the side of the hallway, Suze moved carefully so as not to make herself visible to anyone who might be looking out the windows of the various locked doors. Most of the others were already in their beds or off in their own little universe. The door to the room was open, with the door facing her. She could see through the crack between the door and the hinge a figure, moving ever so intently, in a back-and-forth thrusting motion. She also saw a bit of tan cloth – sick fucker using a straightjacket so she can't resist.

That put her into motion quickly. She instantly swooped around the door, avoiding the cleaning cart that was intentionally blocking the view of anyone across the way, and grabbed the asshole by the neck and head. The satisfying snap sound was music to her ears, even as the girl slid down and onto the poor excuse for a bed that they gave them. She didn't even bother checking on the girl – they'd find out about her condition pretty quickly, she knew. She just grabbed the sicko's lifeless body and darted down the hall, to the exit door – and bolted up the stairs to the roof.

The emergency exit alarms were sounding even as she was tossing the asswipe onto the roof. She was in no mood for dealing with non-paras just then – but she needed to feed.

After draining his blood out as quickly as she could – bites to the carotid arteries and a good amount of suction usually did the trick – she tore the bottom of his face from the rest of what had been his head, and then tossed his lifeless form over the side of the building. There, that'll be a treat for someone to find, she thought as she licked her lips from the feeding. The jawbone was a bit of her "calling card", so that the MPS Paranormal Division wouldn't try to find her.

But they would discover what this ass had been doing, she realized. She bounded over the rooftop, pulled her cloak around her and leaped off the end – just as someone from building security scrambled to the roof.

A few minutes later, and a toweling off to make herself presentable, she slid the Trans Am out of its parking spot and out onto 1st Avenue South. She sped off into the night, back to her apartment over by the Falls with Lily.

Just before she stepped out of the car, she checked to make sure she was presentable. She found that a piece of paper had stuck into her pocket – apparently, the girl's treatment update. She scanned it briefly – "Subject is very interested in reading and has a near eidetic memory; however, she continues to insist there are demons chasing her." She shrugged. Poor kid, she thought. She crumpled up the paper, with the partially torn name "VILLAREAL, M" at the top, and pitched it in the trash can outside the entrance to her apartment.

Lily's probably back from her evening shift with the Sherriff's department, she thought. Wonder if she'd want to go over to the meat processing plant for a late night snack.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Applause, applause!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Good writing, but I suppose I'm the only one who thinks the idea of vampires while acting as law enforcement might go a little too... Dirty Harry is a bad thing?

A frightening thing, in fact.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Akeche wrote:Good writing, but I suppose I'm the only one who thinks the idea of vampires while acting as law enforcement might go a little too... Dirty Harry is a bad thing?

A frightening thing, in fact.
You're probably just feeling a bit of what psychologists of law enforcement refer to as "Judge dread". It's natural enough under the circumstances, any time there's a law enforcer who decides to act as jury and executioner, and it's no reflection on the characters of the vampires in question.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:... it's no reflection on the characters of the vampires in question.
I think there's someone who wants to talk to you about a donation to the pun jar...

Damn fine story, jwhouk. A fine companion to Boxilar's wonderful arts.
:D