Fan Art

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

shadowinthelight

Re: Fan Art

Post by shadowinthelight »

Julie wrote:That looks more like a muffin that went sour in her tummy than a craving for one. :shock:
For those not in on the joke, ever since Derpy Hooves appeared to be the pony saying "Mmm, muffins." during a crowd shot in an episode the fandom latched on and believes that is her favorite food.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

I thought Derpy was male - most females in MLP are depicted as skilled, articulate, and in control. As opposed to Snips, Snails, Big MacIntosh (somewhat less than talkative, not really inarticulate), etc.

But having not completely immersed myself in the fandom, I admit to pure speculation....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jabberwonky

What it was really trying to tell the monkey-mens...

Post by Jabberwonky »

What flashed through my mind at Grantwhy's post...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I been meanin' to do this one for days. Every time I had G.I.M.P. open, I din't think about it, and when I thought about it, I was away from the computer...
Hipster Jin 1024.png
Hipster Jin 1024.png (156.54 KiB) Viewed 11041 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

That's worth both a chuckle and a wince, Jabberwonky!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:That's worth both a chuckle and a wince, Jabberwonky!
"Why would you wince at ponies, Dave?"
- HAL 9000
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Dave wrote:That's worth both a chuckle and a wince, Jabberwonky!
"Why would you wince at ponies, Dave?"
- HAL 9000
Not ponies, HAL. Arrows and knees.

I don't wince at ponies... unless, of course, one takes an arrow to the knee.

That would definitely not be 20% cooler.
bmonk

Re: What it was really trying to tell the monkey-mens...

Post by bmonk »

Jabberwonky wrote:What flashed through my mind at Grantwhy's post...
I had something similar, but in orbit around Jupiter. . . .
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Julie wrote:That looks more like a muffin that went sour in her tummy than a craving for one. :shock:
For those not in on the joke, ever since Derpy Hooves appeared to be the pony saying "Mmm, muffins." during a crowd shot in an episode the fandom latched on and believes that is her favorite food.
My "favourite" part of that meme is how the fandom ignores the 4 other ponies who were also saying "MMMMuffins!" and - better still - the 2 or 3 ponies who were literally drooling over themselves at the prospect of free baked bads - I mean, goods.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
shadowinthelight

MerchManDan wrote:My "favourite" part of that meme is how the fandom ignores the 4 other ponies who were also saying "MMMMuffins!" and - better still - the 2 or 3 ponies who were literally drooling over themselves at the prospect of free baked bads - I mean, goods.
Her love of muffins is an exaggeration, but Derpy's mouth was the only one moving in sync with the famous line. If ya wanna keep arguing I'll kick your flank from here to Equestria! :lol:

I can totally imagine Richard Dean Anderson facepalming.

Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Since My2Cents and Sidhekin bring up Kat meeting Tepoz here, I'm reminded of a little project from a while back. Series started here.

Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Oooh, good work Atomic! :mrgreen: Although something occurs to me: One of my favourite Wapsi moments is when Tepoz later goes to apologize to Mon, "hat in hand" - or rather, in his case, "headdress in hand." Now I'm wondering how Mon didn't pull the thing off his head herself, in the last panel of the fourth row. *shrug* Ah well. Just another Secret Of The Universe.
shadowinthelight wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:My "favourite" part of that meme is how the fandom ignores the 4 other ponies who were also saying "MMMMuffins!" and - better still - the 2 or 3 ponies who were literally drooling over themselves at the prospect of free baked bads - I mean, goods.
Her love of muffins is an exaggeration, but Derpy's mouth was the only one moving in sync with the famous line. If ya wanna keep arguing I'll kick your flank from here to Equestria! :lol:
Very well: Keep a close eye on the unicorns in the front row. I'll admit that it isn't as many as I believed, but my point is still proven. One-way ticket to Ponyville, please. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
shadowinthelight

No Janet Jackson here.

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

This was mentioned... so I had to follow up on it!!! You'd be surprised at how many people can't do the Vulcan salute... Lily is one of them...
Attachments
Never Liked That Show.jpg
Never Liked That Show.jpg (112.19 KiB) Viewed 10921 times
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Julie

Post by Julie »

shadowinthelight wrote:No Janet Jackson here.

EDITED:Malfunctions? We don't need no stinkin' malfunctions!
*gigglefits* You know, in some of my sports bras I could do that without malfunction, too. :) Actually, I'm pretty sure my chesticles wouldn't fall out of my normal bras...though the bras would definitely make an appearance... :)
DilyV wrote:This was mentioned... so I had to follow up on it!!! You'd be surprised at how many people can't do the Vulcan salute... Lily is one of them...
BAHAHAHA!! I think that's the reaction of most people who can't do the Vulcan salute.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:This was mentioned... so I had to follow up on it!!! You'd be surprised at how many people can't do the Vulcan salute... Lily is one of them...
Hee Hee! Nicely done! :lol:

I've sometimes wondered whether the variant Lily is showing, is actually the Vulcan equivalent to the human "raised middle finger" insult. The Vulcans may have been logical by choice and cultural imperative, but as Trek-followers can attest, all those suppressed Vulcan passions and emotions have a fascinating way of making themselves known in interesting ways :)

(I always did prefer Diane Duane's take on the Vulcan emotional angle over the mainstream Trek canon. She had Sarek refer to it as mastery of emotion, rather than suppression of emotion, with the latter term being used in English as the result of a poor word choice by one of the early Vulcan-to-English linguists. Both words indicate control, but mastery suggests acceptance while suppression suggests denial.)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:

I've sometimes wondered whether the variant Lily is showing, is actually the Vulcan equivalent to the human "raised middle finger" insult. The Vulcans may have been logical by choice and cultural imperative, but as Trek-followers can attest, all those suppressed Vulcan passions and emotions have a fascinating way of making themselves known in interesting ways :)

(I always did prefer Diane Duane's take on the Vulcan emotional angle over the mainstream Trek canon. She had Sarek refer to it as mastery of emotion, rather than suppression of emotion, with the latter term being used in English as the result of a poor word choice by one of the early Vulcan-to-English linguists. Both words indicate control, but mastery suggests acceptance while suppression suggests denial.)
Mastery would indeed explain more accurately the war Vulcans have with their emotions. I'm reminded of the dispassionate and logical way that Mirror Spock warns Mirror Chekov I believe (after Mirror Sulu attacks Kirk and is subdued) that if anything should happen to him (Mirror Spock) that he needs to remember that he will be avenged, and that most of his friends are Vulcan. That one phrase seems to indicate that at lease in the Mirror Universe the Vulcans aren't afraid to let their illogcal side out to play... sometimes at the most opportune times.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

DilyV wrote:
Dave wrote:

Mastery would indeed explain more accurately the war Vulcans have with their emotions. I'm reminded of the dispassionate and logical way that Mirror Spock warns Mirror Chekov I believe (after Mirror Sulu attacks Kirk and is subdued) that if anything should happen to him (Mirror Spock) that he needs to remember that he will be avenged, and that most of his friends are Vulcan. That one phrase seems to indicate that at lease in the Mirror Universe the Vulcans aren't afraid to let their illogcal side out to play... sometimes at the most opportune times.
Mirror!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

HAHA!! I like it! :mrgreen:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dave wrote: (I always did prefer Diane Duane's take on the Vulcan emotional angle over the mainstream Trek canon. She had Sarek refer to it as mastery of emotion, rather than suppression of emotion, with the latter term being used in English as the result of a poor word choice by one of the early Vulcan-to-English linguists. Both words indicate control, but mastery suggests acceptance while suppression suggests denial.)
Ditto on this. Of course, under the current canon, it doesn't matter one whit.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin