Stainless Steel Angel

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Sgt. Howard

Re: Stainless Steel Angel

Post by Sgt. Howard »

DinkyInky wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:
Want to boggle minds? Take a standard Chevette with four-speed- rebuild the engine stock. Remove the smog crap and use twin Weber Side draughts coupled with a tuned header to a split pipe with twin cherry bombs. Put aggresive tires on the back. No other modification is nessisary.

It'll blow the doors off many muscle machines and corner like an Italian whore.
*drool*

That's hot.
Yea... and it still looks like a stovebolt piece of dogmeat- until it hit the horizon with a discernable blue shift!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Yea... and it still looks like a stovebolt piece of dogmeat- until it hit the horizon with a discernable blue shift!
You're tempting me to start haunting the auto auctions..

And yes, Dave, the *squick!* reactions when I took that lunatic thing out were gratifying. I think Swedish Whore was the kindest thing it got called. :)
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just Old Al wrote:And yes, Dave, the *squick!* reactions when I took that lunatic thing out were gratifying. I think Swedish Whore was the kindest thing it got called. :)
I'd say that earns a bonus-size "Mission accomplished!" kudo! :)

There are a lot of people out there (everywhere), where if you said to them "I'm going to shatter your preconceptions and rupture your paradigms", they'd say "Couldn't you just shatter my kneecaps and rupture my spleen, instead?"
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Just Old Al wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote: Yea... and it still looks like a stovebolt piece of dogmeat- until it hit the horizon with a discernable blue shift!
You're tempting me to start haunting the auto auctions..

And yes, Dave, the *squick!* reactions when I took that lunatic thing out were gratifying. I think Swedish Whore was the kindest thing it got called. :)
Chevettes are sold by the pound
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Chevettes are sold by the pound
Aye, currently at $0.02.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

AmriloJim wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Chevettes are sold by the pound
Aye, currently at $0.02.
Is that a recent quote? Probably not far off- If yer willing to wrench on it, it's a hella bargain! That dog-house valve covered OHC blow-through head sits on the world's only street legal Offenhauser engine! R&P steering, low center of gravity and excellent braking capabilities... the little turdbucket can be made a sleeper by doing what I described- set up intake and exhaust just like they did on quarter midget screamers and see if she can't pick up her skirt and run!
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

EDIT: A little bit out of sequence part thrown in here by Al...
EDIT #2: ...and fixing a little bit of dialogue.

===

Al sat behind the desk in his office, staring at the two men who sat across from him. Nervously, Smokey and John looked back, wondering what was on the boss’ mind.

Finally, Al broke the silence. “You know what’s going on with the DeLorean, right?”

“Yeah, we do. Seems like yew promised yer stepson a fire-breathin’ monster – and now we gotta dee-liver.” Smokey, never one to mince words, let a bit more of an accusatory note than was proper slip into his voice at the “we gotta dee-liver” part.

“We. Yes, we. However, I am going to be bringing in an apprentice to do the manual labor on this job. We’ll be training this one from scratch, but she’s got great aptitude and a very can-do attitude.”

“She?” John looked dismayed.

“Bigot. Misogynist. Woman-hater. Yes, she. You know her already – it’s Ari.”

“Oh, lordy, boss. You sure you wanna do that? Once she learns how to do stuff, not like she’ll be needin’ you here anymore..” Smokey said, until silenced by a kick from John.

Al took a deep breath, then another. Flintily eyeing the two in front of his desk he said “I would not complain – I could be training two new mechanics as well as an apprentice…or do you two really want to go back to watching soap operas at home with your wives all day and playing shuffleboard?”

Both men noticeably shuddered. When Al had hired them both were retired, comfortable, but bored out of their wits after having been top mechanics for years. This was a bit of as sensitive spot for both…as neither wanted to be incarcerated with their wives again.

“Very well, then. Let me tell you how this is going to go. Ari will soon be back from Texas – she’s been down at DMC digging up data and parts for the rebuild. When she gets back, she is going to be doing the work on the DeLorean – with you two assisting as needed.”

“What I mean by this is exactly that – ASSISTING. You will not be doing things for her, you will be helping where needed and teaching where appropriate. She is nowhere near stupid, well capable of learning, and armed with the manuals will end up doing a tidy job of it – but let’s face it, there are times when a second set of hands or a different perspective are needed.”

“I am going to make it very clear that she is to feel free to talk to you gents as she feels the need – I think you will be surprised how little that is. She can do this – all we need to do is give her the support she needs.”

“Now that you say that, boss, it makes sense. Why does that scare me?” John grinned, actually liking the thought of having Ari a full-fledged mechanical member of the team.
“Ah dunno, boss – seems an awful big project fer a ‘prentice.” For a man of few words, Smokey never wasted them – and he’d tidily put his finger on the problem.

“She will not be doing it alone. She will be doing the labor – I will be doing the planning, task assignment and such on the project myself – along with the conversion work. I wouldn’t ever expect anyone else to do that with no experience, and I expected to handle it myself.”

Both of the mechanics nodded – this made sense. “Makes a load ‘a sense. She does the brawn with us as backup, and you do the finicky stuff.”

“Spot on. Spot on indeed. Have a biscuit.” Al fished a roll of choccy biccies out of his desk, snagged one and passed the roll on.

“So when’s the “new gal” startin’ on the floor?”

“First off, lose that right now. You know Ari, and she knows you. NO hazing or other harassment will be tolerated, am I understood?”

“Awwwww….no practical jokes?”

“No. None. This means no shaving cream in the coveralls, no super-glued wrenches in toolboxes, no horsing around – and I mean it.”

Both men understood – this young woman was special to the old man – and the usual mechanical horseplay was not acceptable.

“As the redneck said – when is Ari starting the project?”

She’ll be starting when she gets back from Texas. This is obviously not going to be her full-time task – she’ll be doing this as I will – as a part-time endeavor in what hours we can squeeze out.”

“Gonna take a long time t’git it done that way.”

“Not as long as you’d think – I’m budgeting six months, given we can farm a lot of the brute force items out to AHI’s shops – like sandblasting, press work and so forth. We do have a deep well of backup here considering who the car’s being built for.”

“SO, any questions?”

“Nope. Seems ‘t me we know whut we’re at – and we can git it done.”

“Good. Off with you both, then.”

One his mechanical team left, Al dug a catalogue out of his desk, and a pad and his Cross pen. He started leafing through it, noting part numbers and prices. Unlike most engineering shops, Al was a firm believer in providing his mechanics’ tools when they started – and Ari was going to be no exception.

---

"I look ridiculous," Ari said for the umpteenth time since putting on the gray coveralls.

"You look like a mechanic," Al said as he hooked up the lamp assembly to the rear taillight frame. "And Smokey had that one altered with Atsali's assistance so you could spread your wings, if need be."

"Only if the option would be to fly out of here," she grumbled as she worked on the taillamp assembly on the other side of the frame. "So – are we going to build it up to factory specs first, before we add our various upgrades?"

"No, we're going to 'add as we go'," Al said. "The number of parts that didn't survive the storage made it untenable to do it any other way."

"Hey, Al?" Charlie poked his head into Bay 12's entryway. "The guy from Snap-On is here."

"Ah, Christmas morning for gearheads!" Al said with glee. "Come on, we can work on the rest of that on to the frame in a bit."

Ari joined Al as the white service truck with the red Snap-On Tools logo on the side pulled into the main shop. "Halloo, Herb!" Al called out. "You have that order I placed?"

The driver, wearing a Snap-On red parka with the embroidered Herbert on the right side of the chest, stepped out of the truck after shutting down the engine. "Indeed I do, Al – and it's set up just the way you wanted."

"Herb, you are fantastic, no matter what the boys in the shop here say." Al's chiding was responded with a hand wave as Herb unlocked the back doors of the GMC van.

"I'm surprised you wanted a full set – both SAE and Metric – but she's all tricked out for you." He pulled out the ramp extension from the back of the truck, then hauled up into the box. "All right, here's the invoice for you," he said, pulling out a piece of paper that was sticking out of the shrink wrap around a metal box with wheels.

"Ari, hold on to this, will you?" Al handed it to her as he helped Herb ease the box down the ramp slowly. Ari was a bit confused as she looked at the bill – it was a brand new complete tool cabinet, with combined SAE or "English" wrenches and drivers along with metric equivalents. There was also a list of automotive tools: timing light, belt tensioner, filter wrench…

"All this for one car project?" Ari said, looking at the rather large total.

"No," Al said, pulling the cabinet over by the wall of Bay 12. "The tool cabinet," he said slowly as he cut open the shrink wrap carefully with a box cutter, "for our newest mechanic to use." He tugged the plastic away, revealing the traditional red Snap-On cabinet – with a personalized nameplate: ARI.

And, on the sides of the cabinet, were a pair of angel wings – one wing on each side.

It took Ari a moment for it all to sink in – and then she realized the other guys in the shop were standing and applauding.

"A lady's first toolbox," Herb chuckled. "Always a special occasion."

She looked at Al, and before he could protest – she hugged him.

"Thank you," she said, as the applause turned to cheers.
Last edited by jwhouk on Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

PM sent.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Very nice.

On the subject of hazing . . . if it's done right, it's actually beneficial on several levels: orientation, rite of passage, integration into the team.

The best example I've seen was a new sailor reporting aboard his first ship . . . they got him signed aboard, with all the assignments made, and once he got reasonably comfortable with his immediate duties and places he needed to know right away, his chief sent him off to the toolroom for the mobius wrench . . .

Which was already charged out. When he reported that to his chief, he was ordered to go find it . . . so off he went to the chief of the department that had charged it out. "yeah, I had it . . . but somebody came and got it . . . now who was that . . . Well, you go help Joe while I think about it. I'll square it with your chief."

So the newbie spends the next couple of watches helping Joe before the chief remembers . . . and off he goes to another department, where he goes through the same drill. And another department . . .

(Curiously, his chief doesn't seem upset over how long it's taking him to find the mobius wrench . . . )

After several weeks, he checks with a chief and is told that the mobius wrench had just been sent back to his own chief . . . he goes running back to his department, and is told the chief is in a certain compartment . . . when he gets there, he finds his chief along with several other chiefs and a number of seamen he recognizes from various places he's been, and several obviously new seamen like himself . . . everybody except the newbies is grinning like mules eatin' briers.

Then a senior chief calls the new seamen forward, announces that they have now been inducted into the Most Loyal Order of the Mobius Wrench, and their own chiefs present them with plaques bearing an ordinary wrench which has been twisted 180 degrees before being bent into the shape of a Mobius strip.

While the newbies are trying to decide if they should be mad, one of the chiefs snaps "If you need a <certain tool>, where do you get it?"

"From the engine room tool storage in compartment 45923 - it's in the restricted tools cabinet, chief!" The newbies chorus.

Another chief snaps "What's the fastest way from compartment 35984 to the aft distillation room?"

The newbies describe that.

"What's the fastest way if you're carrying a ten-foot pipe?"

They get that too, since it's not the same.

"Where are the SCBAs for the port aft fuel handling room stored?"

"In a rack in the third compartment aft, outboard."

After a number of other questions, the chiefs see that the lesson has sunk in, so they stop the question and answer . . . the newbies had spent several weeks learning their new ship and its functions from the inside and undergoing a rite of passage that bonds them with the rest of the crew!

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

On the other hand, if they have accidentally (or deliberately) gifted Ari with a set of Arkenpliers, life around the shop could become very interesting, very suddenly.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote:On the other hand, if they have accidentally (or deliberately) gifted Ari with a set of Arkenpliers, life around the shop could become very interesting, very suddenly.

Nah - they're not in her kit. Al keeps several sets of the locking kind for workholding when Arkenwelding, though...one must make sure reality doesn't slip when you're tacking it together.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The process of stripping and cleaning the parts was going slow. Apparently, Rock had tried to put together the vehicle in stops and starts over the years, but never got to a finished product. The chassis was partially completed, with the front and rear suspension mostly attached to the frame.

Fortunately, the frame did not display the telltale signs of hidden rust. That was a common issue with older Deloreans, as the epoxy that was applied at the plant actually sealed moisture into the frame.

The old tunnel storage area had been mostly cleaned out by the rest of the shop hands. The floor and walls were basically dry, which helped with many of the components; even Smokey was surprised at the amount of parts that were in basically good condition.

But everything was going to need to be cleaned out – including the storage area. Though most of the car was in crates, the partial construction indicated some smaller parts might still be down there.

Ari took a break from the tedious task of burring out the edges of the stainless steel body components to head back down into "the hole" – as the others had dubbed it – to see how the cleanup was going.

Portnoy and Chad were down there as she slowly descended down the opening from the metal plate. They waved, as they were continuing their discussion of whether or not the area could be salvaged for use.

Withdrawing her wings, she went over to the trolley cart that had held the frame. Buck had told them that they had used carts like this to ship parts across to the assembly plant during the winter. There were two small hooks on each side that allowed a harness to be attached – and the centaur worker could pull the cart through the tunnel between the two buildings. The tunnel had a dual purpose, of course: one to protect from the Minnesota elements, the other to hide the existence of the centaur workers who operating the carts.

She wandered over to the cart. There was still a lot of grime and dust on the surface, and you could see the outline of where the frame had rested for all those years. It didn't look like anything had fallen off during the move – the cart was still mobile, so they were able to move it closer to the opening in the part shop.

Her hip brushed up against a corner of the cart, and she felt something snag against her coveralls. Looking down, she saw what looked like a wire spring sticking out from a gap under the base of the cart. Reaching down, she realized it was attached to something…

…a spiral notebook.

She pulled it out of the gap, and detached the coil from the corner of her coveralls. Instinctively – perhaps even more so, considering her background – she opened the notebook and started to read.

It was Rock's "assembly notes" for the project. He'd written down what he'd done, what he had assembled, what he was having issues with. And the last entry was August of 2001.

Al's gonna want to see this, she thought.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:Her hip brushed up against a corner of the cart, and she felt something snag against her coveralls. Looking down, she saw what looked like a wire spring sticking out from a gap under the base of the cart. Reaching down, she realized it was attached to something…

…a spiral notebook.
Ah. A book full of Interesting Information, which just happens to reach out and grab someone walking by. The right someone, that is.

Working title: "So You Want To Be A DeLorean Wizard?" :twisted:
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

AN - damnit, beat me again, Joe.....

Wing, as she was referred to when in "mechanic's mode" as she put it, stripped the chassis of the suspension items, hydraulic lines and cooling system tubes that had been bolted to it back in the 1980s. Like all such things long-left in a poor environment the fasteners were stubborn - but Wing was more so.

She cut herself, bruised herself, muttered words that shocked Smokey and John, but the suspension came apart, and the box section chassis went off to be sandblasted and galvanized per Al's orders. He'd seen enough of what poor weather conditions did to mild steel chassis and wanted none of it for this car.

While the chassis was out, she next turned her attention to the fiberglass body shell that the body panels were attached to. From sitting in the basement as it had, it was filthy, mouse-infested and generally disgusting. It took several applications of the pressure washer and industrial cleaners till Al pronounced it fit to work on - much to the detriment of Wing's once-clean coveralls.

From there, the stripping, cleaning and refinishing as needed of the suspension components and chassis brackets could begin. None of the parts were worn, but all showed the time in the basement. Each item was cleaned, wirebrushed, and resprayed as necessary to new condition. The stack of refurbished components slowly grew, item by painstaking item.

While Ari tore down the chassis and suspension components, Al was busy himself in what time he could steal from the back shop analysis work. The Renault U1 transmission had been benched, stripped, reinforced where necessary and reassembled with new seals and gaskets. This ready, he then turned his attention to the work needed for the engine conversion - which was extensive.

On reading the paper detailing the conversion, Al had seen the extensive amount of component fabrication that was needed - a new flywheel fitting the Chevrolet ring gear needed to be made that was also capable of handling the uprated clutch compatible with the Renault transmission. An adapter ring was also required, along with mounts, a relocation elbow for the throttle body and all sorts of bits and pieces.

Al was in heaven.

Materials were sourced, parts selected and the sound of 60s psychadelia boomed through the shop as Al worked at the refurbished South Bend he used for larger work. Machining done, holes drilled and tapped and ring gear shrunk on, the partially completed flywheel was sent to the balancing shop Al had done business with for years.

While all of this was going on Ari was also performing her duties as Al's majordomo. Billing, scheduling, the endless ballet of customer support and reporting to the MIB on Al's work in the labs in the back.

One day, a tirade of colorful language was crowned by the metallic CLANG of a wrench bouncing off a wall and clattering to the floor. Al, doing a setup on the milling machine, heard the tirade and smiled slightly to himself - he'd been expecting it.

"YOU MISERABLE USELESS DECREPIT EXCUSE FOR A RIDING LAWNMOWER! YOU DISGUSTING PILE OF YUGO PARTS! I WOULDN'T RUN YOU OVER WITH MY MUSTANG!" Unfortunately, Ari had spent far too much time with Al - her style of cursing was entirely too florid.

"AL! Office! Please!" Ari stalked up the staircase to the office, with Al following a bit more slowly. While climbing he could see John and Smokey looking at each other, with puzzled frowns on their faces.

Seated behind his desk, Ari in the leather chair in front, she leaned forward and asked "Why the hell am I doing this? I am never going to be a professional mechanic - and I don't ever really want to be. I'm an organizer and a manager - not a mechanic."

"And that, my lass, is part of why you're doing it. Yes, you are a stellar organizer and a time manager - but you have no feel for what is going on out there on the floor. To be honest, it limits you."

"I'm never going to make a good mechanic - I'm too clumsy - plenty strong enough, but I just don't see things the way you do. I never know what to do, and it's so hard. I have to look everything up - and you and Smokey and John just look at things and do it. It's damn frustrating, Al." The words came tumbling out of her, long pent up, and tripping over each other in their haste.

"I SUCK at this. I'm always getting beat up, and scratched, and filthy - and you know how hard it is to get my hair clean after laying on the creeper and getting under things even wearing a hat? IT'S AWFUL, IT IS."

"Oh, Al - I can't do this." Her shoulders drooped as she sat there - the picture of dejection and defeat.

"Oh, Arania. Oh, if you only knew how many times I have heard those words from apprentices." Al reached over and turned on the electric kettle, and commenced setting up a pot of tea.

"My dear, what you're doing right now is hitting a wall - and not the one you bounced a wrench off of out there."

"When one acquires a skill, there is an expectation of continuous improvement. Actually, it comes in rises and plateaus - and you're at one of those right now. You've acquired some skills, and now you're frustrated because you realize there are others that you don't have. Not having them means you look things up, and sometimes you get frustrated because you don't know what you have to do."

"OK - to remove a front brake rotor - what do you do? Don't think - just answer."

"First, you'd pull the wheel, then you pull the caliper. On the DeLorean, you need to pull the hub off to get to the rotors - we had to do that to strip the assemblies off the chassis."

"Exactly. You just described how to do a brake job on any car - INCLUDING WNG WMN. You could not have told me that a few weeks ago."

"But Al - that's peanuts. Any mechanic can do that and a lot more."

"Most mechanics have had years of schooling in the practicalities - you have had a few weeks of tearing down that time traveling abomination out there."

"Let me be blunt - Smokey, John and I are exactly the wrong teachers for you. Between us we have a century of practical experience with specialties from TIG welding to fine machine work. We are exactly what an apprentice does not need - too much space between us. Normally apprentices are brought along by older apprentices, under the supervision of a journeyman."

"However, we are what you have. Realize that we know what to do because we have done it a hundred or a thousand times before - and that once we were exactly where you are - and just as angry and frustrated."

This did not make Ari feel any better."I can accept that - Gods know that your experience is evident. But WHY am I doing this?"

"Simple - to be a good engineering manager - and that is what you are turning into - a stellar one - you need to know your subject. You have all the skill to handle the paperwork - but don't understand what is going on out in the shop. If I tell you to cost out a job to manufacture milled components from a plan you'll never be able to - and that is a part of the job."

"I could let you off the hook now - and for the rest of your time you'd think you failed. You have NOT failed - you're learning. Very soon now I can guarantee that you're going to get it - not the skills, those you will acquire - but the idea. After that, you will understand why men and women like us become engineers - and mechanics - and machinists."

"Creation is an addictive drug. When you create something, you want to go and do it again - and again - and again. That is why that damn Canadian and that reprobate redneck on the floor are still working long after they retired - because once you get it you have to scratch that creative itch. It's why men who are bank managers, dentists and postmen have small workshops in their basements - so they can somehow scratch that need - that necessity to create."

"Give me two more weeks - if by that time you still feel this way I will let you off the hook. Until then, just keep plugging. Trust me though - you have the gift - I could see it in you when I met you."

Al reached over and poured a cup of tea - the kettle had boiled while they were talking. "Tea?"
Last edited by Just Old Al on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dave wrote: Ah. A book full of Interesting Information, which just happens to reach out and grab someone walking by. The right someone, that is.

Working title: "So You Want To Be A DeLorean Wizard?" :twisted:
No, it's more of how horrendous the wiring was in the Delorean, given all the Lucas Electric wiring.

Its working title is Defense Against The Dark Arts. :P ;)

(HEEEEEEE SHOOOTSANDSCORRRESS!!!!)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Just Old Al wrote:AN - damnit, beat me again, Joe.....
No worries - the timeline still works with your post. Al probably hasn't had time to look the notebook over just yet.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

jwhouk wrote: No, it's more of how horrendous the wiring was in the Delorean, given all the Lucas Electric wiring.

Really? REALLY???

Oh, is THIS the way it's going to go, then... I finally get that heathen redneck slapped into line and now YOU start up.

REALLY?

SIgh.

aj"Lucas-level Wizard - do NOT mess with me!"r
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Just Old Al wrote:
jwhouk wrote: No, it's more of how horrendous the wiring was in the Delorean, given all the Lucas Electric wiring.

Really? REALLY???

Oh, is THIS the way it's going to go, then... I finally get that heathen redneck slapped into line and now YOU start up.

REALLY?

SIgh.

*Hands you the spare whack-a-bad-pun mallet o' DOOM*

Here ya go, Puddin'!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Just Old Al wrote:

Really? REALLY???

REALLY?

SIgh.

Heathen Redneck? and... "slapped into line"? Excuse me? The British drink their beer warm because that's what they've learned to expect from a Lucas Refrigerator. Just because YOU can make those shoddy malfunctions operate, don't get this idea that you can do ANY impossible task!

My favorite bumper sticker- "All of the parts falling off this MG are of the finest British manufacture"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I thought that Emily had borrowed it...

---

"They found a what in the basement?"

"A complete, unbuilt Delorean."

"But how?"

"Buck's dad bought it from John Delorean directly. Something about AHI possibly being an engine supplier."

"Putting a tractor engine in a sports car... that sounds a bit silly."

"I don't think it worked out, obviously. Al has his majordomo helping him build it."

"You mean restoration, right? Ooh, extra caramel! You're going to be the reason I go into diabetic shock one of these days, Tina."

"It's the sugar-free kind, silly. And I pointed out to Al that it's really a build, because the car's never been in one piece since leaving the plant."

"I shudder to think was Al has up his sleeve for the engine. Hopefully nothing that involves a Mr. Fusion and a Transflux Capacitor."

"I think Buck mentioned something about that the other day... though it might have just been something to mess with Glytch's mind a bit."

"Yeah, I think it'd be the kind that has two USB ports and plugs into the cigarette lighter. Thanks Tina."

"Oh, here's Sarah's chai latte!"

"Oops, thanks - almost forgot."

"Take care now!"

EDIT: You didn't think I could go without an author insert, right? This is fan fiction, after all...
Last edited by jwhouk on Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.