First Introductory Thread

Once you've registered your login, please put a post here. This will help us confirm real users vs spambots, and gives everyone a chance to say hello.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

GlytchMeister

Re: First Introductory Thread

Post by GlytchMeister »

Hello, I'm GlytchMeister.
...no, that isn't a reference to Soul Eater. Or the Heat and/or Snow Misers. I just came up with it.

I found Wapsi Square a short time ago, and promptly went on an archive binge. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArchiveBinge

I'm very much addicted to a bunch of webcomics.

College student, science/engineering buff, prone to tl;dr posts (sorry in advance). Aspiring novelist and artist. Big video gamer, can't stand video games with crappy stories (I'm looking at you, Call of Battlefield: Modern Zombie Alien War 19). Massive bibliophile. Harry potter, bartimaeus trilogy, white fang, men of iron, eragon, Artemis fowl, the belgariad and the mallorean, Percy Jackson, anything written by Asimov, and anything related to science, ancient mythology, fantasy, and maybe history.

Fan of NCIS, Castle, MythBusters, Defiance, Tom and Jerry, the History Channel before it went nuts about aliens and Nostradamus, the Discovery Channel before it became a reality tv channel, Steve Irwin, and the Science Channel.
Oh, and Doctor Who, Top Gear, and quality stand-up comedy.

Into action, fantasy, and sci-fi movies. Not into romantic comedies, Adam Sandler, The Hangover, or anything involving Will Ferrel.

Highly allergic to bull crap and stupidity. Not a fan of blind faith. Many Christians have reported smelling sulfur and feeling a slight increase in temperature when near me. They often throw holy water at me and run away. It just makes me wet and irritated.

Mind full of more (mostly) useless information than everyone I've met with the exception of two people, who are both more than twice my age.

That pretty much covers everything.

One question: what's C-space? Or J-space? Those are being thrown around a lot and I haven't the foggiest clue as to what they mean.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

C-space is "Covey-Space"; it's the area where the Covey of Demons "reside" when they're not interacting with their host.

We spent most of the last few weeks dealing with Monica's visit to Georgette's C-space; the "basement room" was probably a good take on Shelly's C-space, while we've only seen Monica's C-space once (a few strips before the Scoobies went to destroy the Calendar machine).

J-Space is "Jaguar Girl Space" - the supposed location where Monica is right now. We're not quite sure "where" it is, but it might have something to do with the Temple of the Dead.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Oh, ok. Now I know what everyone is talking about. Thanks.

Ohh, I forgot to mention this in my first post: although I do have a fairly extensive knowledge on mythology (considering I'm an engineering major), most of it is about Ancient Greek and Ancient Roman mythology. I know some about ancient Egyptian mythology. I have a mediocre understanding of the three main Abrahamic faiths (just enough to hold my own in an argument with a pesky Jehovah's Witness). And I learned a bit about old Norse myths when Thor came out (from real sources, not the movie itself).
However, I know next to nothing about Myan, Aztec, Olmec, Inuit, or any other Native American mythology. If it started in North America, Central America, or South America, anything I say is either false or is a result of google and Wikipedia. I also know absolutely nothing about whatever the traditional Japanese religion is (not one bit, really!) and pretty much nothing about Buddhism.

In fact, anything I do know about central and southern Native American mythologies came from Wapsi Square.

So, feel free to assume I'm totally clueless. I'm happy to learn.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
bartendergirl

Post by bartendergirl »

Hello fellow wapsians! My name is Jodi. I live in Ontario, Canada. And I have been enjoying the wapsi square since...hell, I don't recall the date. But ever since I started, its been a daily addiction to check each rendering of Paul's- no less than amazing talent and imagination. A thrill, really.

I'm not a bartender per se, I just love mixing drinks and eventually would like to have my own bar with signature drinks. Maybe on a beach somewhere or in a club. A girl can dream.

I help out with my Man's taxi company, dispatching and occasional driving, in our small tourist town. When I'm not driving, I hang out with my eight yr old boy, our two cats and dog. All that with fashion design on the side. As well as fighting the daily disease that is Lupus. My dark and sleepy passenger.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Welcome, BTG! It just so happens that one of our local supermoms, dinkyinky, is also a mix-mistress par excellence and has numerous posts in the "Whiskey, Vodka, Rum and more" subforum to prove it.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Hello and welcome! Plenty to see here, and the cookies over in Confusion Corner are fresh daily! Enjoy!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
bartendergirl

Post by bartendergirl »

MerchManDan wrote:Welcome, BTG! It just so happens that one of our local supermoms, dinkyinky, is also a mix-mistress par excellence and has numerous posts in the "Whiskey, Vodka, Rum and more" subforum to prove it.
Thanks Dan, I'll be sure to check it out! 8-)
Tenjen

Post by Tenjen »

Greetings!

My name is Shaun and I live in Dubai, UAE. Born and brought up here (though not a citizen, immigrant). Avatar soon to come!

I came in through the Ma3 fanbase to here.

I found wapsi square YEARS ago actually, when a certain beloved character met a bar full of what ended up being white collar bikers. I then lost the link to wapsi square and couldn't remember the name of the comic despite adoring the art. Google was not helpful no matter the combination of keys I used.

That was a VERY VERY long time ago.

I recently rediscovered Wapsi by chance through Ma3 related links through one of the pixie trix comic links..somewhere ( I have bad memory)

I was ecstatic to rediscover the webcomic and one archive binge later I am now here!

I hope to have plenty of fun discussing the comics here (unfortunately certain other comics I follow have comic discussions that have become very toxic...but the gen discussion and other areas are still good there)
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Welcome Tenjen!

Wapsi Square is very addictive, and your archive binge surely left you wanting more - and more you shall get! Weekdays, anyway...

So, pull up a comfy chair over in the Pub, try the cookies in Confusion Corner, and enjoy!

My Deviant Art scribbles
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

There are some who would suggest that the Biker Bar story was the first major storyline in Wapsi Square history... to the point where some have even suggested that would be where WS:TMP would begin...

Glad you found your way back! How different did you find the characters from back then, compared to now?
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Tenjen

Post by Tenjen »

they've retained their personalities but have grown as people. Become more wholesome, both in a literary and personal sense.

They have more personal integrity now. Not that they lacked integrity before (though they sorta did actually), they just kept to their local spheres of comfort. They've expanded past their comfort spheres and safety zones (specially a certain sphinx hybrid <3, I think she's grown and changed the most out of all of them during the comic, for the better)

there are other things, but that's what sticks out most to me. THey were there for each other before as friends. Now they're there for each other as blood comrades.

They do occasionally screw up and they still are the people who drank up on that roof ages ago, but its mostly growing pains with their new found selves and swiftly took note of their action (with some help from their loved one's and atleast one punch across the room)
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

jwhouk wrote:There are some who would suggest that the Biker Bar story was the first major storyline in Wapsi Square history... to the point where some have even suggested that would be where WS:TMP would begin... ?
Wapsi Square: The Magic Place? The Mutant Plague? Ten Mothers Panicing? Tawdry M-something P-something else?

Errr -- what?

My Deviant Art scribbles
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:
jwhouk wrote:There are some who would suggest that the Biker Bar story was the first major storyline in Wapsi Square history... to the point where some have even suggested that would be where WS:TMP would begin... ?
Wapsi Square: The Magic Place? The Mutant Plague? Ten Mothers Panicing? Tawdry M-something P-something else?

Errr -- what?
The Mumbling Partridge... a quiet and rather retiring paranormal scholar in the Library whom Pablo has yet to introduce. The Library staff can't all be like Phix (aww!) or Medeia (thank goodness)!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Good thing nobody made a motion picture....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

:P

Yes, Wapsi Square: The Motion Picture. Heck, I think I still have the scene-by-scene shots that go from the Museum party to the intro of the Golem Girls.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Oh! The Motion Picture! Excellent. Thanks for clearing that up.

I had a fear it might have been Wapsi Square: Toxic Musical Piranhas.

They enjoy singing while their poisonous bites render you helpless. Then they dress you in tap shoes and ruffle bottom panties.

My Deviant Art scribbles
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:Oh! The Motion Picture! Excellent. Thanks for clearing that up.

I had a fear it might have been Wapsi Square: Toxic Musical Piranhas.

They enjoy singing while their poisonous bites render you helpless. Then they dress you in tap shoes and ruffle bottom panties.
That's why one should always carry appropriate weapons when entering the jungle.

In this case, you'd want a good supply of air-to-aria missiles.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

WS:Total Mayhem Picnic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

kingklash wrote:WS:Total Mayhem Picnic.
That was the recent day-outing to Cafe U-296, right?
toys4grownups

Post by toys4grownups »

Hello everyone. I am liza and I am 20 years old.