This, then, would be my Third post...

Once you've registered your login, please put a post here. This will help us confirm real users vs spambots, and gives everyone a chance to say hello.

Moderators: The Old Wolf, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Bookworm, Wapsi

This, then, would be my Third post...

Postby TazManiac » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Hey folks, as it turns out I had registered and began posting then realized I hadn't come here first.

I am indeed a human being*, I live near San Francisco, approx, and by trade am one of those Computer Tech/Sys Admin/"I Know How to Solder" types that keeps the interwebz up and running.

Beware though, I tend to spell phonetically and something about this forum, my web browser and perhaps my settings is preventing my crutch, er in-line spell-check to fail.

Hmmm.... Katherine, Tina, 'Muscle Butt', & the Lingerie Ninjas... I detect a preference in my preference...

(hey 'prefference' has only the one 'f'... spell-checks back!)
* Human aye, but I've been known to have emulation...
User avatar
TazManiac
 
Posts: 2858
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: This, then, would be my Third post...

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:12 pm

TazManiac wrote:Hey folks, as it turns out I had registered and began posting then realized I hadn't come here first.

I am indeed a human being*, I live near San Francisco, approx, and by trade am one of those Computer Tech/Sys Admin/"I Know How to Solder" types that keeps the interwebz up and running.

Howdy, Taz - welcome aboard! Turns out I'm also in your general area (south SF bay) and trade (one of those "dangerous types" - a software engineer who uses a soldering iron - nearly as dangerous as a hardware engineer with access to a C compiler, or somebody from Marketing with a Really Great Idea ;) )

Dive in, and enjoy the company and the discussions!
User avatar
Dave
 
Posts: 6424
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA

Re: This, then, would be my Third post...

Postby scantrontb » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:06 pm

TazManiac wrote:Beware though, I tend to spell phonetically and something about this forum, my web browser and perhaps my settings is preventing my crutch, er in-line spell-check to fail.

OK, so your spell checker is being prevented from failing?... that means it's working... thus we will see *perfectly* spelled words from you... and that's a problem, how? :P granted, they may not be strung together in a proper SENTENCE correctly, but hey! at least they're SPELLED correctly, right! :D

* Human aye, but I've been known to have emulation...


that's OK... as long as it can pass the Turing Test, and or the Bechdel test if placed in that kind of situation, we don't mind...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
User avatar
scantrontb
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:44 am

Re: This, then, would be my Third post...

Postby Julie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:25 am

Welcome to the Crazy House! :) Spelling errors happen to the best of us. We'll try not to pick on you too much...at least not until you've shed your forum training wheels. ;)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
User avatar
Julie
 
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:30 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: This, then, would be my Third post...

Postby jwhouk » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:28 pm

It's not the spelling errors that usually get me. It's the people who have autocorrect turned on while posting from their tablet. That's when you get... interesting... sentence structure.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
User avatar
jwhouk
 
Posts: 5371
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 am
Location: The Valley of the Sun, Arizona

Re: This, then, would be my Third post...

Postby shadowinthelight » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:19 am

I had a spelling error once. Turns out I was mispronouncing the incantation.
*drops some eye of newt into the pun jar*
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!


Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
User avatar
shadowinthelight
 
Posts: 2525
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:49 pm
Location: Somewhere, TX

Re: This, then, would be my Third post...

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:40 am

shadowinthelight wrote:I had a spelling error once. Turns out I was mispronouncing the incantation.
*drops some eye of newt into the pun jar*


Happens to most of us from time to time.


Image
User avatar
Dave
 
Posts: 6424
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA

Re: This, then, would be my Third post...

Postby TazManiac » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:16 am

I plead Artistic License...
User avatar
TazManiac
 
Posts: 2858
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: This, then, would be my Third post...

Postby kingklash » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:18 am

Dave wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:I had a spelling error once. Turns out I was mispronouncing the incantation.
*drops some eye of newt into the pun jar*


Happens to most of us from time to time.


Image

Look up the story "Narrow Valley" by R. A. Lafferty for an example of what else can happen if you try to wing it with your ceremonials.
User avatar
kingklash
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: This, then, would be my Third post...

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:08 pm

kingklash wrote:Look up the story "Narrow Valley" by R. A. Lafferty for an example of what else can happen if you try to wing it with your ceremonials.

Oh, I do dearly love that story... thanks for reminding me of it! Makes me want to try to find some faux wood-grain vinyl and try it for myself.

Although... hmmm. I live in Silicon Valley, and if the ceremony worked I could single-handedly crash the whole U.S. economy. You're right, better not wing it.
User avatar
Dave
 
Posts: 6424
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA

Re: This, then, would be my Third post...

Postby bmonk » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:26 pm

kingklash wrote:
Dave wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:I had a spelling error once. Turns out I was mispronouncing the incantation.
*drops some eye of newt into the pun jar*


Happens to most of us from time to time.


Image

Look up the story "Narrow Valley" by R. A. Lafferty for an example of what else can happen if you try to wing it with your ceremonials.

I always liked that scene from The Flying Sorcerers by Gerrold and Niven where Purple's sanctum is invaded and trashed--rather effectively.
User avatar
bmonk
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:19 pm


Return to Introduce Yourself

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron